• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,795 posts in this topic

How many did you try to order.

They were $7.99 when I ordered mine.

This is my only complaint with DCBS. If you order early in the month, you need to check back later in the month because they sometimes add new comics! Seriously. The action figure variant for #4 was not available at the beginning of February (my order was placed on February 5th.) By the time I found out about the variant, the February orders were closed and I sent them email. They said the action figure variant for #4 was not available, but they added the variant for #5 to my order (it also wasn't in their listing for March when I placed my order; same problem as my order was placed on March 4th.) I ordered the Chewbacca action figure cover from another online dealer instead.

So, if you are like me and like to order from DCBS within the first few days that they list, you need to be aware that they will update the listing as the month goes on. For example, many of the discounted comics (back issues) are not listed early in the month, but later in the month. Just a heads up!

Now I have to ask, did anyone else have 2 of the Kanan #1 variants cancelled by DCBS (the Young and blank cover variants)? The reason they were cancelled was because "Did not meet qualifications." I'm assuming that is DCBS didn't meet the qualifications for those covers. I also had 2x Star Wars #1 2nd prints cancelled by them, but both copies I ordered showed up in the last order.

I can only guess that DCBS is having a hard time keeping up with the demand for all these variants, subsequent prints, etc. I have asked several times if they will add these subsequent prints to their normal listings but they want to keep taking orders for them by email only.

I had my Variant order of GI Joe 214 dropped down to 1 (only ordered 2).

Hi,

Due to extreme demand for this item, we have had to adjust all multiple quantity orders for this item to 1. All customer orders have been adjusted accordingly.

Edited by krighton

This is my only complaint with DCBS. If you order early in the month, you need to check back later in the month because they sometimes add new comics! Seriously. The action figure variant for #4 was not available at the beginning of February (my order was placed on February 5th.) By the time I found out about the variant, the February orders were closed and I sent them email. They said the action figure variant for #4 was not available, but they added the variant for #5 to my order (it also wasn't in their listing for March when I placed my order; same problem as my order was placed on March 4th.) I ordered the Chewbacca action figure cover from another online dealer instead.

So, if you are like me and like to order from DCBS within the first few days that they list, you need to be aware that they will update the listing as the month goes on. For example, many of the discounted comics (back issues) are not listed early in the month, but later in the month. Just a heads up!

Now I have to ask, did anyone else have 2 of the Kanan #1 variants cancelled by DCBS (the Young and blank cover variants)? The reason they were cancelled was because "Did not meet qualifications." I'm assuming that is DCBS didn't meet the qualifications for those covers. I also had 2x Star Wars #1 2nd prints cancelled by them, but both copies I ordered showed up in the last order.

I can only guess that DCBS is having a hard time keeping up with the demand for all these variants, subsequent prints, etc. I have asked several times if they will add these subsequent prints to their normal listings but they want to keep taking orders for them by email only.

Yes, I had both my blank and young Kanan variants canceled.

And I order about a week before cut off.

I just wrote a thread and deleted it instead of posting it.

I feel so much better. You guys should try it sometime.

Anyone pick up the Rock and Roll Slayer book this week?

I ordered a reg cover and a variant of the Slayer. I think only the reg over has shipped.

I'm not sure 100% but I think there was a certain requirement in order to get any of these Action Figure Variants. Something like "order 150% of Secret Wars #5 in order to receive these". Something like that.... (shrug)

I'm not sure 100% but I think there was a certain requirement in order to get any of these Action Figure Variants. Something like "order 150% of Secret Wars #5 in order to receive these". Something like that.... (shrug)

I think the book in this case was Original Sin 8.

This is indeed Marvel's formula. You need to hit a certain order match to unlock the incentive variant ordering..

Yeah DCBS sent this to me also.

Hi,

Due to the limited availability and high demand for this item, we have had to limit customer orders to a quantity of 1 per customer. Your order has been adjusted accordingly.

Later...

Based on your last couple of orders containing multiple items, what platform are you selling your multiple copies on? We only ask because our contract with Diamond prohibits us from selling to retailers.

Because we are a single consumer retailer, we create our prices to benefit the average customer. Because you are reselling product you are purchasing through our discounted service, this puts your account outside of that norm. Going forward, any order you place with us will incur actual shipping costs.

hm

Hi,

Due to the limited availability and high demand for this item, we have had to limit customer orders to a quantity of 1 per customer. Your order has been adjusted accordingly.

Later...

Based on your last couple of orders containing multiple items, what platform are you selling your multiple copies on? We only ask because our contract with Diamond prohibits us from selling to retailers.

Because we are a single consumer retailer, we create our prices to benefit the average customer. Because you are reselling product you are purchasing through our discounted service, this puts your account outside of that norm. Going forward, any order you place with us will incur actual shipping costs.

hm

Ouch. :(

Hi,

Later...

hm

Message them back and tell them you're a customer.

They advertise on DC books for an entire month but won't allow you to order multiple copies?

I've never used that service and now I will avoid them all together.

Hi,

Later...

hm

You got told.

Hi,

Later...

hm

Ouch. :(

:screwy:

ok, I bought a couple Boba, i'll be a lot happier if they're sold out by the end of this week...or even better tomorrow.

I hope this is the only Boba Fett Action Figure Variant Marvel releases.

I doubt it. Marvel isnt going to pass up a chance to cash in on SW biggest potential breakout character

I never got the whole "Boba Fett is awesome" thing. He is a pretty lame character - what exactly is there to love about him? His inability to succeed? His vast progeny? Their incredible inability to succeed?

Hopefully Disney can do better.

Boba Fett shares his first appearance with Bea Arthur.

Hi,

Later...

hm

This is so baby IMO. You buy the books therefore you can do whatever you want with them. Burn them, sell them, use them for starting your fireplaces or bbq pit in the summer etc. What is with these online and some brick and mortar shops worried and getting into the personal life of customers?

I just wrote a thread and deleted it instead of posting it.

I feel so much better. You guys should try it sometime.

Anyone pick up the Rock and Roll Slayer book this week?

I was going to ask the same. I saw it in the store and considered picking one up because my brother was a huge fan when we were growing up. Looked kind of lame so I left it there. Wasn't sure if it had any actual licensed connection to the band. They've got a solid fan base though, so who knows.

I told them I have been ordering multiple copies for the last three years and their answer was

We have thousands of customers, and do not have the time available to comb through orders to check for multiple quantities. Recently, we updated our system to alert us when orders above a certain amount have been placed, but that still does not detect multiple quantities being purchased, so we send these emails as we catch these types of orders.

Well I don't know... :facepalm: