• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,793 posts in this topic

Anyone know the print run on Butterfly # 1 from Archaia/Boom.........?

Not sure when it was released but you can check here.

http://www.comichron.com/

Already did. It's not listed.....

Could the print run be THAT low ?

The numbers may not be available yet. If the date it's released is available for others then it may be that small. Yet not knowing the book I'm not sure if it's that low or not. I wouldn't think a Boom! series would debut that low to not be listed.

The numbers may not be available yet. If the date it's released is available for others then it may be that small. Yet not knowing the book I'm not sure if it's that low or not. I wouldn't think a Boom! series would debut that low to not be listed. [/quote

These are gonna be tough to find locally.

The numbers may not be available yet. If the date it's released is available for others then it may be that small. Yet not knowing the book I'm not sure if it's that low or not. I wouldn't think a Boom! series would debut that low to not be listed.

The book came out in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec 2014. I wonder if it is because the book came out through Archaia, a subsidiary of Boom, and not known for big print runs, accounts for them not showing up on comichron.

Coming Of Rage # 1 cover D - Apparently this cover is in demand........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wes-Craven-Coming-of-Rage-1-Bloody-White-LTD-Cover-B-Limited-to-100-Copies-/321904699411?hash=item4af303e813:g:FzEAAOSwhcJWMAAg

Is this gonna be another Strait Jacket false spec..?

Edited by Candletric

Coming Of Rage # 1 cover D - Apparently this cover is in demand........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wes-Craven-Coming-of-Rage-1-Bloody-White-LTD-Cover-B-Limited-to-100-Copies-/321904699411?hash=item4af303e813:g:FzEAAOSwhcJWMAAg

Is this gonna be another Strait Jacket false spec..?

whatever it is there's supposedly only 100...kind of waters down the cover C that's 1,000 copies....

I went to 4 stores today and only 1 even had a copy of Cover A.

I'm sure it's safe to say this will be Wes Craven's last comic.

Edited by krighton

What was the print run of Outcast #1? May be a factor compared to how many people actually get Cinemax and collect comics. I don't have any copies other than a reader but I'd most likely move them if I did have multiples as the buzz builds and people are looking for multiples rather than when the show starts.

Think it was 70-75 k on the first print #1. I don't think that is over the top considering millions watch cinemax and when you throw Kirckman high quality tv show in the mix collectors and non collectors will be all over this one. Maybe not like WD but it'll pay off dividends nonetheless. 2c

Every week I meet at least 1 person who watches WD faithfully and never knew it was a comic first, or that there is a comic at all. I guess they know every inch of the episodes except for the Kirkman / Adlard credits?

I bought plenty of Outcast #1 when it came out and I hope the show does well. I don't see it ever cracking $30 raw, but I've been wrong before

I never thought Saga 1 would be worth much considering the print run.

Didn't Saga only have a 35k print run? Saga has a way bigger reach than outcast IMO.

What was the print run of Outcast #1? May be a factor compared to how many people actually get Cinemax and collect comics. I don't have any copies other than a reader but I'd most likely move them if I did have multiples as the buzz builds and people are looking for multiples rather than when the show starts.

Think it was 70-75 k on the first print #1. I don't think that is over the top considering millions watch cinemax and when you throw Kirckman high quality tv show in the mix collectors and non collectors will be all over this one. Maybe not like WD but it'll pay off dividends nonetheless. 2c

Every week I meet at least 1 person who watches WD faithfully and never knew it was a comic first, or that there is a comic at all. I guess they know every inch of the episodes except for the Kirkman / Adlard credits?

I bought plenty of Outcast #1 when it came out and I hope the show does well. I don't see it ever cracking $30 raw, but I've been wrong before

Saga has a way bigger reach than outcast IMO.

Not for very long ...

Didn't Saga only have a 35k print run? Saga has a way bigger reach than outcast IMO.

Only until the TV series starts early next year.

Not for very long ...

I may be bias but I definitely don't see Outcast coming close to the reach Saga has. Even with its show on the way or when it's on the air. Most people I know who tried Outcast dropped it. Saga on the other hand gained readers for quite some time, with no deal.

Not for very long ...

I may be bias but I definitely don't see Outcast coming close to the reach Saga has. Even with its show on the way or when it's on the air. Most people I know who tried Outcast dropped it. Saga on the other hand gained readers for quite some time, with no deal.

Yes, you are biased. :baiting:

I think the tv show Outcast will have a bigger 'reach' simply because it's on television.....doesn't mean it will relate to comic sales but if TWD TV fans get a whiff that Kirkman has a new show then there could be a stampede of viewers.

Saga 1 was 37,641

The only Image titles that sold more than Outcast 12 last month were TWD, Tokyo Ghost 1 and We Stand on Guard.

Edited by krighton

Not for very long ...

Yes, you are biased. :baiting:

I tried to leave it out of my opinion lol I <3 Saga!

By reach I was thinking about future print runs and #1 prices. Not general awareness of the show, as many know many TWD watchers still have no clue it's based on a comic. We are still talking about a Cinemax show as well. Yet if a raw #1 Outcast reaches 1/2 the going rate of a raw Saga #1 it would be very close to its reach by the double the print run factor. I'm rooting for that or better so everyone holding stacks does very well.

I maybe biased here because I am a BKV fan and I love saga. I have a 9.8 registry of the entire run, that's how much I love the series.

However, I believe that Saga has bigger crossover appeal than Outcast. The Sci-Fi content appeals to a wider demographic from males to females.

Outcast's content is so niche being the horror genre. I understand that Kirkman has a loyal following, but we have to keep in mind BKV and Fiona Staples do as well.

I want Outcast to succeed . I have a stack of #1s in my shortbox so I hope I am proven wrong.

I think the tv show Outcast will have a bigger 'reach' simply because it's on television.....doesn't mean it will relate to comic sales but if TWD TV fans get a whiff that Kirkman has a new show then there could be a stampede of viewers.

Saga 1 was 37,641

The only Image titles that sold more than Outcast 12 last month were TWD, Tokyo Ghost 1 and We Stand on Guard.

:golfclap: for We Stand on Guard.

I maybe biased here because I am a BKV fan and I love saga. I have a 9.8 registry of the entire run, that's how much I love the series.

However, I believe that Saga has bigger crossover appeal than Outcast. The Sci-Fi content appeals to a wider demographic from males to females.

Outcast's content is so niche being the horror genre. I understand that Kirkman has a loyal following, but we have to keep in mind BKV and Fiona Staples do as well.

I want Outcast to succeed . I have a stack of #1s in my shortbox so I hope I am proven wrong.

And what about zombies?