• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

How is that Batman 21 1:100 sketch variant doing? I think that one has some staying power with a new Batman character Duke Thomas.

The Jock variant is pretty sick too.

(shrug) you tell me....

$175 or best offer on the ebay seems like a steal for 1:100 sketch. I'm surprised Batman completest aren't all over it.

How is that Batman 21 1:100 sketch variant doing? I think that one has some staying power with a new Batman character Duke Thomas.

The Jock variant is pretty sick too.

(shrug) you tell me....

$175 or best offer on the ebay seems like a steal for 1:100 sketch. I'm surprised Batman completest aren't all over it.

summer is slow.....I think all bat-prices should rise leading up to the next movie.

A) What would you do with a Preacher Preview 9.8 Blue? GPA is sketchy as none have sold since March (last time I checked) and the cheapest on ebay is $1400 OBO (mine). What do you think is a fair price for this? Is the GPA info thin because they don't come to the market often or because all that are available have stupid high BIN prices (mine again)? Census shows only THIRTY blue label 9.8 slabs.

B) Is all of this irrelevant because it's a preview and no one really cares except the hardcoriest of the hardcore Preacher/Ennis fans?

Anyone knows anything about Steven Universe?

#6 is usually the one that sells for a premium for some reason

one closed last night for 51$

I wondered the same thing and asked. I was told a print run under 3k and the hipsters have taken a large liking to the series. (shrug)

Anyone knows anything about Steven Universe?

#6 is usually the one that sells for a premium for some reason

one closed last night for 51$

I wondered the same thing and asked. I was told a print run under 3k and the hipsters have taken a large liking to the series. (shrug)

* I have no idea if either are true. I do know a few of the closed auctions had a few under 10 feedback bidders but I do know one paid around $70 after the auction closed.

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

It will be come December

I've been thinking about this. Will the general Star Wars fans care about first appearances? Sure, I imagine more interest in the comics when the new movie hits, but will a specific issue (other than #1) command any sort of premium for that crowd? Assuming there's no character or theme carried over into the new movies, I don't see any one issue rising above the rest.

According to Comicrhon Darth Vader 3 only has about 85K copies. For a Star Wars book thats seems low.

It will be come December

I've been thinking about this. Will the general Star Wars fans care about first appearances? Sure, I imagine more interest in the comics when the new movie hits, but will a specific issue (other than #1) command any sort of premium for that crowd? Assuming there's no character or theme carried over into the new movies, I don't see any one issue rising above the rest.

This would be a true 1st appearance, even before they show up on film. And with the flood of Star Wars media Disney is about to unleash on us for the rest of our lives, sooner or later these characters will pop up on screen.

It will be come December

This would be a true 1st appearance, even before they show up on film. And with the flood of Star Wars media Disney is about to unleash on us for the rest of our lives, sooner or later these characters will pop up on screen.

its hard to believe there would be ZERO impact on the comics.

It will be come December

That's what I'm saying though. If the Star Wars community at large is to create an impact on a specific issue, that character would need to appear outside of the comics.

A) What would you do with a Preacher Preview 9.8 Blue? GPA is sketchy as none have sold since March (last time I checked) and the cheapest on ebay is $1400 OBO (mine). What do you think is a fair price for this? Is the GPA info thin because they don't come to the market often or because all that are available have stupid high BIN prices (mine again)? Census shows only THIRTY blue label 9.8 slabs.

B) Is all of this irrelevant because it's a preview and no one really cares except the hardcoriest of the hardcore Preacher/Ennis fans?

I would lean towards B. I think this book might have a very slight premium on #1 just because census is lower (doesn't mean it always will be). Lots of folks just don't consider previews to be first appearances unless those pages are reproduced in the true first issue.

It will be come December

That's what I'm saying though. If the Star Wars community at large is to create an impact on a specific issue, that character would need to appear outside of the comics.

Absolutely, it's a coin flip, they either appear in a movie or they don't. But, If they do though, look out. 3 First appearances with an 85K run. Even if just the droids show up unnamed, I think there's a winner here.