• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

AS I said to my fiance,

Honey I have to try the milk before I buy the cow....

( And for my next fiance I learned to keep my mouth shut )

So far in vancouver I am hearing that there are very few oxymorons and young terrorists that have made it to a shelf...

Oxymoron is tough to find in the wild too?

Guess I hit two for two yesterday!

BYDo9t9l.jpg

I'm thrilled with Young Terrorist day one sales in the shop.

For a $6.99 book from an obscure publisher, it dominated my Indy sales yesterday by net price & volume. Impressive debut.

Online sales indicate this might be the first "hot" book after the summer doldrums.

It's interesting that Image stopped shop variants, & smaller companies have filled the void nicely. Without shop variants, nothing from Image has really "popped" lately.

LijcLDpl.jpg

The thing that bugged me about Image dropping shop variants is they are still doing it for the TPB's. It is if they took a stance and then immediately, and in the same press release, contradicted themselves. But what it comes down to is you can only do shop variants with Image if it directly benefits them and not the creators or the book itself (or the shops even).

Does anyone have any idea what the cover D that MCS has listed is? I haven't found a single reference to it anywhere.

Young Terrorists 1 Variants

Second print?

I bought some earlier today. I doubt they would release them at the same time. I saw a 2nd print release date of sometime in September. I figured you would know, if anyone. Strange.

Second print was just announced a couple hours ago via email from Black Mask.

NOT sure if that's cover: D

It's a 1st print with a Ben Templesmith cover

And it doesn't come in a sealed bag !

The UPC label has this listed as Cover W

Does anyone have any idea what the cover D that MCS has listed is? I haven't found a single reference to it anywhere.

Young Terrorists 1 Variants

Second print?

I bought some earlier today. I doubt they would release them at the same time. I saw a 2nd print release date of sometime in September. I figured you would know, if anyone. Strange.

Second print was just announced a couple hours ago via email from Black Mask.

NOT sure if that's cover: D

It's a 1st print with a Ben Templesmith cover

And it doesn't come in a sealed bag !

The UPC label has this listed as Cover W

I think it is some sort of secret incentive variant or something. Someone from Texas has one on ebay now in a lot. Where did you see a live one from?

My local store has an exclusive variant for Young Terrorists. Ssalefish in Winston Salem NC. They have them listed on eBay. Wasn't sure if anyone knew about it...Maybe this is the Cover D?

Welcome to the boards!

Doubtful they would be listed on MCS's site.

There are store exclusives for Young Terrorists. That is not cover D.

Again, I am sure cover D is the 1:10, and the C cover is a 1:5. It says it right at the bottom of the screen when looking the item number up in Comic Suite.

Young Terrorists #1 seems to be doing well already. Selling over $10 Cover B and C selling much higher. Young Terrorists

Retail for the comic is pretty high though ($7)

My opinion:

Black Mask has been worth my investment.

My shop has been a destination as many others don't stock them yet.

I like the material too.

ALL of their properties could be other forms of media, so I think of them as mid-long term modern plays...

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

The book may be a good read but i have to pass on terrible covers.

Your opinion...

Anyway....

I kinda like them.

Solid concept that draws in an existing fan base doing homage covers of classic gangsta rap albums. My shops cover is loosley based on Boogie Down Productions (By All Means Necessary).

Feels "indy"

Didnt picture you as a follower of gangsta rap albums.

Was BDP gangsta ? lol

I like the cover, copying the famous picture of Malcolm X peering out the window with his rifle:

il_570xN.464214721_magz.jpg

KRS-One used the same pose on BDP's second record.

BDP started out as "gangsta" rap, but then switched styles.

Slow your roll. BDP was never Gansta rap. Check the facts, homie.

some sort of secret incentive variant?

:olol:insane:

What is so funny?

Maybe it's not truly a 1:5 or 1:10 scenario? Some offer retailers a choice of what covers they want. I don't know, maybe a retailer can comment. I've seen this happen not too long ago on a few books.

Young Terrorists #1 seems to be doing well already. Selling over $10 Cover B and C selling much higher. Young Terrorists

My opinion:

I like the material too.

ALL of their properties could be other forms of media, so I think of them as mid-long term modern plays...

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

Your opinion...

Anyway....

I kinda like them.

Solid concept that draws in an existing fan base doing homage covers of classic gangsta rap albums. My shops cover is loosley based on Boogie Down Productions (By All Means Necessary).

Feels "indy"

Was BDP gangsta ? lol

I like the cover, copying the famous picture of Malcolm X peering out the window with his rifle:

When I see the photo of X I think of a man who is protecting his home at any cost. When I l see the YT cover it isn't clear what the man is doing. My first thought is a cliche of what a young, rebellious, modern black man who is about to launch a rocket into a theater full of people watching 2oolander. would look like.

My opinion:

I like the material too.

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

Your opinion...

Anyway....

I kinda like them.

Feels "indy"

Was BDP gangsta ? lol

When I see the photo of X I think of a man who is protecting his home at any cost. When I l see the YT cover it isn't clear what the man is doing. My first thought is a cliche of what a young, rebellious, modern black man who is about to launch a rocket into a theater full of people watching 2oolander. would look like.

i don't disagree, but I thought that was intended as part of the commentary. A lot of times, SOME things that look like terrorism from one angle can be seen as defending your home from other viewpoints. That was part of the point of the Malcom X pic originally, and is still part of the narrative today. Regardless of what you see when you look at those pics/art, hopefully it makes you think a bit about the other side too.

My opinion:

I like the material too.

LijcLDpl.jpg

Orange -500

Green -250

Purple -100

White -50

Your opinion...

Anyway....

I kinda like them.

Feels "indy"

Was BDP gangsta ? lol

Slow your roll. BDP was never Gansta rap. Check the facts, homie.

So this track doesn't qualify as "gangsta rap"?

Their first album is entitled "Criminal Minded" and has tracks like "9MM Goes Bang" and "Remix for P is Free", which features the immortal line "The Girlies are free, cause the crack costs money, OH YEAH!"

Is it Gangsta Rap like NWA is Gangsta Rap? No, NWA's music went further than any of the previous attempts at being "gangster" by other artists. But they were definitely "on the criminal tip" with their first record. That changed once DJ Scott LaRock was killed violently after the release of the first record.

Are those facts checked enough for you?

Not sure about heating up or whatever, but the current Marvel Star Wars series has been a pleasant surprise in quality and it makes it even better that it is all canon now.

I agree, I was not sold on it at first but now it is the first thing I read every week.