Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
106 106

49,603 posts in this topic

39,751 posts
On 5/17/2019 at 3:42 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

And of course issue 4 is the one volume that I never bought

Don't feel bad . . . nobody bought it. :insane:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,452 posts
Posted (edited)

Crossover titles like these are MONSTERS with readers who are not necessarily collectors. A lot of the DC/Marvel crossover tpb, amalgam tpb, classic crossover treasuries, are big hits with readers. Teen titans/x-men crossover for example is a book that never really appreciated tremendously in price but was ALWAYS been sought after. These are the kind of books that you save to your searches and wait till someone lists them for a buck or five and then comfortably flip them for 25+ 

Sometimes they experience a spike upwards for no apperant reason, sometimes not, but historically they've always sold well for the general public

Edited by Aweandlorder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,625 posts
On 5/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, Second Blight said:

https://comicbookinvest.com/2019/05/14/connecting-the-dots-caps-kids/    Steve Rogers and Rogue's daughter.   After watching Endgame, yup..totally makes sense :roflmao:

On 5/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Nico Esq said:

I think there was interview with the screen writer that caused the book to spike where they seemed to imply this was "canonical" but it didn't peak my interest so I didn't pay enough attention to say for sure.  I think Yogogo read the whole article so maybe he can key us in on what exactly was said?  

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along.

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," said McFeely.

Added Markus: "It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-writers-confirm-captain-america-fan-theory-1209241

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,028 posts
1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Markus and McFeely accept that different people will have different viewpoints on this topic. But, in their minds, Steve was Peggy's husband all along.

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," said McFeely.

Added Markus: "It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/avengers-endgame-writers-confirm-captain-america-fan-theory-1209241

 

I hope that going forward in the MCU, they don't ignore all of the ancillary deaths that resulted from the snap. An estimates half a million people are flying at any one time. Statistically on a quarter of those planes both the pilot and the co-pilot would have been dust. That's over 60,000 people (a quarter of the passengers, minus the half that the snap removed) that would have perished from crashing airplanes. Similar situations would have resulted from other transportation that suddenly had no driver, pilot, etc. Worldwide the numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people that weren't brought back. They should do something with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,504 posts
2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I hope that going forward in the MCU, they don't ignore all of the ancillary deaths that resulted from the snap. An estimates half a million people are flying at any one time. Statistically on a quarter of those planes both the pilot and the co-pilot would have been dust. That's over 60,000 people (a quarter of the passengers, minus the half that the snap removed) that would have perished from crashing airplanes. Similar situations would have resulted from other transportation that suddenly had no driver, pilot, etc. Worldwide the numbers would be in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of people that weren't brought back. They should do something with that.

Peter returns to high school and is buddy is there, so I assume he was zapped. But half his classmates are 5 years older and, presumably, graduated? MJ is maybe a grown up woman...I know they wanted it to be a chunk of time for Stark to have a chatty cute daughter he does not want to nullify with time travel, but 5 years was just too darn long. Should have been a year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
4 minutes ago, the blob said:

Peter returns to high school and his buddy is there, so I assume he was zapped. But half his classmates are 5 years older and, presumably, graduated?

I wondered about that, too. What a weird situation.

Hey Jimmy, you know how you were going to take Emily to prom yesterday? She's married with two kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,366 posts
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:44 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Crossover titles like these are MONSTERS with readers who are not necessarily collectors. A lot of the DC/Marvel crossover tpb, amalgam tpb, classic crossover treasuries, are big hits with readers. Teen titans/x-men crossover for example is a book that never really appreciated tremendously in price but was ALWAYS been sought after. These are the kind of books that you save to your searches and wait till someone lists them for a buck or five and then comfortably flip them for 25+ 

Sometimes they experience a spike upwards for no apperant reason, sometimes not, but historically they've always sold well for the general public

A dealer friend of mine hoards these because they will never be reprinted and there's always a lot of demand for them. The JLA-Avengers book is essentially free money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,366 posts
8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I wondered about that, too. What a weird situation.

Hey Jimmy, you know how you were going to take Emily to prom yesterday? She's married with two kids.

There's a great deal of this that was just shined on. Four billion people "died" so one would assume there was a great deal of grief, PLUS a great deal of infrastructure changes. Then those people show back up again? There has to be a whole lot of problems that Marvel just ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
Just now, FlyingDonut said:

There's a great deal of this that was just shined on. Four billion people "died" so one would assume there was a great deal of grief, PLUS a great deal of infrastructure changes. Then those people show back up again? There has to be a whole lot of problems that Marvel just ignored.

Are you suggesting they could immediately run out of resourceshm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,366 posts
1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Are you suggesting they could immediately run out of resourceshm

Where would those people live? What would they eat? Would they have jobs? Etc etc etc etc etc. The more I think about it, the stupider it gets. The snap back SHOULD have been to the second it happened. By staying in 2023, how is that going to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,028 posts
10 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Where would those people live? What would they eat? Would they have jobs? Etc etc etc etc etc. The more I think about it, the stupider it gets. The snap back SHOULD have been to the second it happened. By staying in 2023, how is that going to work?

Did they give an exact year of the snap or return though? I know they specified the dates they returned to, but could there be more wiggle room with "now"? Could it be 2016 to 2021? Allow the timeline to catch up with reality?

It makes sense why they stopped the Netflix shows. Hard to work that in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Did they give an exact year of the snap or return though? I know they specified the dates they returned to, but could there be more wiggle room with "now"? Could it be 2016 to 2021? Allow the timeline to catch up with reality?

It makes sense why they stopped the Netflix shows. Hard to work that in.

Spoiler

Thanos of 2014 was told that Nebula was from 9 years in the future.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
15 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:
17 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Are you suggesting they could immediately run out of resourceshm

Where would those people live? What would they eat? Would they have jobs? Etc etc etc etc etc. The more I think about it, the stupider it gets. The snap back SHOULD have been to the second it happened. By staying in 2023, how is that going to work?

Let's say it's 2023 and your driver's license says you were born in 2001, but you were gone for 5 years.  Are you legal to purchase anything requiring age 21?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,366 posts
7 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Let's say it's 2023 and your driver's license says you were born in 2001, but you were gone for 5 years.  Are you legal to purchase anything requiring age 21?

Lets say its 2023 and you were declared dead and your wife remarried and sold your house and your job ended and your bills went to collection etc etc etc etc and you showed up. Think Tom Hanks in Castaway literally times four billion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:
11 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Let's say it's 2023 and your driver's license says you were born in 2001, but you were gone for 5 years.  Are you legal to purchase anything requiring age 21?

Lets say its 2023 and you were declared dead and your wife remarried and sold your house and your job ended and your bills went to collection etc etc etc etc and you showed up. Think Tom Hanks in Castaway literally times four billion.

MTCH is probably a good investment stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36,366 posts
2 minutes ago, valiantman said:

MTCH is probably a good investment stock.

I'm getting more and more irritated now that I think about this. The plot hole is staggering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
2 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I'm getting more and more irritated now that I think about this. The plot hole is staggering.

But it had to be 5 years later... Tony has a family he didn't lose!  (thumbsu

 

...oh, wait. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,028 posts
39 minutes ago, valiantman said:

But it had to be 5 years later... Tony has a family he didn't lose!  (thumbsu

 

...oh, wait. (:

Yes, all of those hundreds of thousands of ancillary deaths I mentioned still occurred because baby Stark can't go bye bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,910 posts
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Yes, all of those hundreds of thousands of ancillary deaths I mentioned still occurred because baby Stark can't go bye bye

The simplest answer for ancillary deaths is that undoing the snap would include bringing back anyone killed by the snap, both those disintegrated and those killed as a result of people disintegrating (airplane pilots, bus drivers, soccer moms with kids in the van, etc.). The question would be how long the window of time would last. Some ancillary deaths were almost instant (people in the back of a car or on the sidewalk when the driver disappeared) and some died days/weeks later (infants in homes where all adults disappeared and no one found them in time).  Then there's the heart attack that someone would have if their family vanished.  Is that ancillary? Do they get to come back? Are there now two bodies (a living one and one in a coffin buried almost 5 years earlier)?  These are all important discussions and my guess is that these off-topic posts will be more valuable than whichever Modern Heating Up would be on page 2,476 in this topic if we weren't talking about Endgame. :kidaround:

Edited by valiantman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,088 posts
15 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

I'm getting more and more irritated now that I think about this. The plot hole is staggering.

 

I"m with ya there man.  I mean, how do you Put back half the trees and plants? Where? Other things grew in their original place. Nesting pairs of birds? Identical twins? Siamese Twins? Nursing Animals? Pregnant mothers? Half the gut bacteria living in your colon? NFL Player contracts? Keith Richards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
106 106