Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
113 113

50,550 posts in this topic

8,764 posts

Whats the deal with House of X/Powers of X.

Books are going crazy. 2 is already over $20. I've got em, will have to read em tonight.

2,037 posts
20 minutes ago, Rip said:

Books are going crazy. 2 is already over $20. I've got em, will have to read em tonight.

The way things peel off, best to list 'em on ebay then read them after the buyer has paid!  :bigsmile:

7,428 posts
22 minutes ago, Rip said:

I think it's just a good read. People have been waiting forever for a decent X-book storyline. 

505 posts

For some reason there was a marked shortage of the connecting cover for POX 2 yesterday around here. 

9,933 posts
16 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F223614480780

For some reason ASM 363 just sold for $240. Don’t think it’s heating up, just weird anomaly... or shenanigans..

1. The listing has a picture of 361 - 363 in 9.8 and it's in the title. I wouldn't be confused thinking I was getting all, but others could be.

2. The seller has the bidders switched to private. So, no way of knowing if it was shilled.

18,987 posts
18 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Consequences huh? It’s your mess up DC, just eat the loss and move on, so petty to try to come after LCS’s for selling these IMO. I say that as someone who isn’t buying or selling any version of any of these books, just a bad look from my point of view.

Yeah this isn't the first time it has happened over the years. Its not a big deal and the secondary market will absorb it pretty easy sell them fast. 
The last one I remember is Hack Slash 4 My First Maniac. I still find them and sell them for $20-30 a book because a lot were not returned. Retailers
got bigger problems then worrying about returning one book. 

18,987 posts
2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:
2 hours ago, Rip said:

I think it's just a good read. People have been waiting forever for a decent X-book storyline. 

Yes its a fantastic read so far. I bought a ton after reading the first issue. I can finally admit I am an 
X-men fan again.

18,987 posts

Once and Future is great. Don't pass it up if you can find it. Great start to the story.
I am not sure unless I was a retailer I would go after 2nd and 3rd prints, but its a great start.

8,764 posts
14 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes its a fantastic read so far. I bought a ton after reading the first issue. I can finally admit I am an 
X-men fan again.

Just read them during lunch. Good story. Very curious to see where this goes.

9,933 posts
38 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah this isn't the first time it has happened over the years. Its not a big deal and the secondary market will absorb it pretty easy sell them fast. 
The last one I remember is Hack Slash 4 My First Maniac. I still find them and sell them for $20-30 a book because a lot were not returned. Retailers

They weren't asked to return the DC books. Heck, they weren't even asked to show proof. They just said don't sell them.

18,987 posts
3 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
42 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

They weren't asked to return the DC books. Heck, they weren't even asked to show proof. They just said don't sell them.

Yes I just went back and re-read that my bad. They asked them to destroy them. Should be a nice revenue generator for the LCS.

10,258 posts

This should be a good way to put a dollar value (or multiplier) on the Streisand effecthm

9,933 posts
3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I just went back and re-read that my bad. They asked them to destroy them. Should be a nice revenue generator for the LCS.

Supposedly DC is getting with Diamond to see what they can do to punish shops that sold them online. I know I saw JetPack sold some on eBay.

18,987 posts

Really why would they care? I mean I get it they don't want the books sold, but there are endless routes to sell them. I think they just
have to make the effort to save face I guess.

136 posts
8 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Your mom does your comic shopping? 

For real... Looks like I’ve been underutilizing my mom. I’m going to send her dollar bin diving this weekend. I know there’s a copy of What If #10 out in a dollar bin somewhere still. 

136 posts
6 hours ago, Rip said:

It’s the new “best book to read” from Marvel. Wether you agree or not isn’t something I care to debate, just telling you what it is when you walk in a shop. Like Venom and Immortal Hulk it’s the book everyone is talking about and recommending to read.

1,890 posts
12 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I'll just leave this here....

tenor.gif

Who is getting the stunner there? lol Epic

2,550 posts
Just now, Key Largo Comics said:

Who is getting the stunner there? lol Epic

The Rock lmao!! 

1,890 posts
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

The Rock lmao!! 

That is what you call selling it! 

Edited by Key Largo Comics

2,550 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Key Largo Comics said:

That is what you call selling it! 

He was the best at selling that , lol  

Here is the phantom stunner skip to 6:12 lmao ..... Ok back to comics.

@bababooey

Edited by maidenmate91