Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
128 128

53,639 posts in this topic

3,626 posts
7 hours ago, kimik said:

I was at the LCS last week and ran into a collector friend there. He has just come back from visiting family in another location in Western Canada. He decided to hit the used book store in town. The had just picked up a collection with 30 longs of newsstand books (collector bought of magazine stands in town). He cherry picked all of the keys that were left, and now I am debating whether I take a few hours trip to get the rest. 😂

Go. Leave RIGHT now

23,213 posts
6 minutes ago, Summydad1 said:

Any of the Thor GOT or any Thor Aaron run for that matter is a great read. Also a lot of the Esad Ribic covers are amazing. Rumors of Gorr being in the new movie doesn’t hurt the #2 at all. Also, #6 is hot due to Knull. Also, Jane as Thor premiers in GOT 25. Great run all around! A 9.8 GOT #2 Acuna variant sold on eBay last month for like $950. Wow!

Nice. I am picking up a collection with #2,4,5,6,12 in it tomorrow.

134 posts
2 minutes ago, kimik said:

Nice. I am picking up a collection with #2,4,5,6,12 in it tomorrow.

Good work. All solid. The 2&6 are the winners. 5 is not a bad cover either. 

23,213 posts
2 hours ago, Summydad1 said:

Good work. All solid. The 2&6 are the winners. 5 is not a bad cover either. 

It is an interesting collection. 34 shorts primarily 2000 up with some SA and BA, as well as copper. Since the collection is from out of town, I am hoping for some newsstand copies in the mix.

8,751 posts

Not a lot of money, but Darth Vader #3 from 2017 seems to do well.

1st Kirak.  Was a pretty good character vs Vader. 

Patrick

1,189 posts

Reborn series seeing more sales today as a result of the recent Netflix show news updates

40,673 posts
On 8/7/2020 at 3:54 AM, waaaghboss said:

Like Captain america 286.

:nyah:

40,673 posts
On 8/7/2020 at 12:03 PM, kimik said:

A gentleman never kisses and tells....

I closed on another collection out of town that I have to pick up tomorrow. Next weekend will potentially be the out of province road trip for the newsies. 😉

:bigsmile:

1,189 posts

Welp Spawn 300 3rd and 4th prints increasing in value $30-50+ ... I remember I returned a 300 3rd print because it had a crease and for a modern book I couldn't keep it

451 posts

Hm my LCS has a bunch of Spawn #300 3rd prints for cover price. Might pick a few up during a sale.

3,024 posts
3 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Hm my LCS has a bunch of Spawn #300 3rd prints for cover price. Might pick a few up during a sale.

oh hell yea snag them now, not when there is a sale.  Someone else will get them before that probably.  The big winner is #301 3rd print.  I am still :pullhair: that I didn't preorder more than I did.

3,024 posts
Posted (edited)

Something going on with Darth Vader vol. 3 #1 and 2 both blowing up a bit.  I guess #1 is a 1st app. of Zed something, but #2 no real reasoning why it is climbing to my knowledge.  Anyone current on reading this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-MARVEL-COMICS-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-2-NM-UNREAD-COPY-FLAT-RATE-SHIPPING/402348244686?hash=item5dadd2fece%3Ag%3A61EAAOSwG7JfJeZr&LH_Auction=1

p.s. 3000th post after 14 years.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Edited by gradejunky

8,751 posts
3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

Something going on with Darth Vader vol. 3 #1 and 2 both blowing up a bit.  I guess #1 is a 1st app. of Zed something, but #2 no real reasoning why it is climbing to my knowledge.  Anyone current on reading this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2020-MARVEL-COMICS-STAR-WARS-DARTH-VADER-2-NM-UNREAD-COPY-FLAT-RATE-SHIPPING/402348244686?hash=item5dadd2fece%3Ag%3A61EAAOSwG7JfJeZr&LH_Auction=1

p.s. 3000th post after 14 years.....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Wondered the same on #2.  Don't get it. 

Guessing the answer is Lee, but IMO that shouldn't be the reason. 

Patrick

4,357 posts
1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

Wondered the same on #2.  Don't get it. 

Guessing the answer is Lee, but IMO that shouldn't be the reason. 

Patrick

Can’t be anything else as the other cover is $4 and the 1:25 is under $20 shipped. 

3,024 posts
Posted (edited)

ended $22.50.  Others have the book BIN for $18+, what gives?lol.  I have a few copies myself from pre-order so I guess I'll give a quick flip through one to see if there is anything special going on.

Okay took a quick look through a copy.  Seems female on the cover who I guess we all assume is Padme, is not?  The book has flashback of Padme and Anakin on Geonosis going in to that gladiator pit with the beasts etc.  This female was one of her handmaidens/lookalikes I think?  If that is her on the cover and 1st app. in book could be the cause of spike as she looks to be moving forward in the story.  Might this be a Doctor Aphra type character?

That is all I can garner at this point

Edited by gradejunky

357 posts
6 hours ago, gradejunky said:

ended $22.50.  Others have the book BIN for $18+, what gives?lol.  I have a few copies myself from pre-order so I guess I'll give a quick flip through one to see if there is anything special going on.

Okay took a quick look through a copy.  Seems female on the cover who I guess we all assume is Padme, is not?  The book has flashback of Padme and Anakin on Geonosis going in to that gladiator pit with the beasts etc.  This female was one of her handmaidens/lookalikes I think?  If that is her on the cover and 1st app. in book could be the cause of spike as she looks to be moving forward in the story.  Might this be a Doctor Aphra type character?

That is all I can garner at this point

Didnt Sabe first appear in the Star Wars Episode 1 comics ?

451 posts
12 hours ago, gradejunky said:

oh hell yea snag them now, not when there is a sale.  Someone else will get them before that probably.  The big winner is #301 3rd print.  I am still :pullhair: that I didn't preorder more than I did.

Lol the good thing about living in a 3rd world country is the hobby isn't a massive thing here so it's fairly safe to leave them there till next weekend when they have another buy 1 get 1 free. Those copies have been there for ages I've passed up on them a few times.

3,024 posts
4 hours ago, IbukiLord said:

Lol the good thing about living in a 3rd world country is the hobby isn't a massive thing here so it's fairly safe to leave them there till next weekend when they have another buy 1 get 1 free. Those copies have been there for ages I've passed up on them a few times.

:takeit: buy one get one x 50