Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
85 85

55,525 posts in this topic

On 10/15/2020 at 5:23 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

The Razorline Preview is probably one to watch as well, for people who consider previews first appearances. I'll have to check mine out to see whether it's original content, or excerpts from the first issues

Do try have different Razorline Preview books. See pic for what I am talking about. Just picked them up yesterday.  Have a feeling he will open up the universe of RAZORLINE if Ectokid does well.

 

16030282438587437508751690091367.jpg

Edited by peterm12772
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peterm12772 said:

Do try have different Razorline Preview books. See pic for what I am talking about. Just picked them up yesterday.  Have a feeling he will open up the universe of RAZORLINE if Ectokid does well.

 

16030282438587437508751690091367.jpg

I think there's a silver version of the one on the left as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

Bloodstone 1 and the Hood 1 is slowly moving up. Bloodstone 1 CGC 9.8 is $350 book now and the Hood 1 in the same grade is selling around $450 to $600. 

Are there new Bloodstone rumors or news?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, marmat said:
On 10/16/2020 at 8:03 PM, fastballspecial said:

Static is going to blow up again this weekend.

I hope you are right, I m selling an almost full run on ebay, single issue listings, with no reserve, that end today. 

Issue 1 has 41 watchers right now

 

How does that work for you? Do you have a alot of European buyers for a large lot?

I would imagine most US buyers will pass on it due to high cost to ship just guessing?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iqc23 said:

Bloodstone 1 and the Hood 1 is slowly moving up. Bloodstone 1 CGC 9.8 is $350 book now and the Hood 1 in the same grade is selling around $450 to $600. 

Ive never understood the Hood 1 never. Bendis had a soft spot for this character, but after being featured several times he doesn't seem to have a huge 
mass following. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

How does that work for you? Do you have a alot of European buyers for a large lot?

I would imagine most US buyers will pass on it due to high cost to ship just guessing?

 

Shipping cost is not that high, and listings started at $0.99 with no reserve and it is the only run ending tonight, so I hope people will try to get as many issues as possible in one session. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, unmovedmover said:

I sold all mine for $50 each because I thought it was done going up after the first season:frustrated:

My philosophy is sell and don't dwell; but yeah, I now regret selling most of my multiple sets during season 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iqc23 said:
6 hours ago, manetteska said:

Are there new Bloodstone rumors or news?

No new rumors that I know off. I think the rarity of it is driving up the price. 

Its been a slow cook for awhile. I could kick myself 15+ years ago I bought 25 copies thinking that book
would take off and never did. I purged them maybe 5 years ago. 

Ive sold a few over the years easily as I still find them $1 books. 

One seller currently looks like a NM/NM- copy for $110, but he has VG in the title. Its actually a nice 
copy, but his title mistake will keep him from selling it I think.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Its been a slow cook for awhile. I could kick myself 15+ years ago I bought 25 copies thinking that book
would take off and never did. I purged them maybe 5 years ago. 

Ive sold a few over the years easily as I still find them $1 books. 

One seller currently looks like a NM/NM- copy for $110, but he has VG in the title. Its actually a nice 
copy, but his title mistake will keep him from selling it I think.

 

Thanks. This one always seems to go up and down throughout the year. Liquidating a bunch of my stuff and trying to figure out if this will eventually lead to real Bloodstone news or just sell while it’s up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Ive never understood the Hood 1 never. Bendis had a soft spot for this character, but after being featured several times he doesn't seem to have a huge 
mass following. 

 

I loved what they were doing with the character and his villian group as a whole. 

Thought it was such a waste to abandon the concept. 

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I loved what they were doing with the character and his villian group as a whole. 

Thought it was such a waste to abandon the concept. 

Patrick

I waste a lot of downtime on the Topps Marvel Collect app, and I've noticed some newer users to the app tracking down Hood inserts or hoarding Hood base cards. Don't know if it is indicative of anything, but the character seems to have pretty dedicated following amongst some collectors. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I waste a lot of downtime on the Topps Marvel Collect app, and I've noticed some newer users to the app tracking down Hood inserts or hoarding Hood base cards. Don't know if it is indicative of anything, but the character seems to have pretty dedicated following amongst some collectors. 

Sure doesn't hurt that the original series was written by Vaughan. 

Patrick

Link to post
Share on other sites

Read We Live 1 today from Aftershock. Good first issue with a great story at least start.
Very refreshing to read a new concept I hadn't seen before.  

Issue 1 is doing well $10-15 and some variants doing well, but seems issue 1 is little harder
to find maybe next week some more shipments will show up. Quite a few store variants will
drag it down for awhile. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Read We Live 1 today from Aftershock. Good first issue with a great story at least start.
Very refreshing to read a new concept I hadn't seen before.  

Issue 1 is doing well $10-15 and some variants doing well, but seems issue 1 is little harder
to find maybe next week some more shipments will show up. Quite a few store variants will
drag it down for awhile. 

 

 

I saw the variant that comicmint was pushing and was not a fan of that cover. Great stories go a long way though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
85 85