• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Kirby and Stan Lee sigs

10 posts in this topic

What would be or what was ever to be gained by forging thier signatures on a comic book splash page.

What percentage of of all the Kirby and Lee non SS books out there are not real.

Obtaining signatures of comic book artists over the years has been pretty much easy, basically just wait in line, pay a few bucks. The rest of the masses don't know or give a rat's azz about them.

Abe Lincoln, John Lennon or Babe Ruth autos demand serious money and forgery of the likes are often attempted.

Why anyone would attempt to forge a sig on a high grade valuable comic book just doesn't make sense. I don't think that even if it was authentic it adds value.

Reason why I made this post is that I am on the fence about obtaining a book that is graded by CGC blue label,and signed by Kirby and Lee. I am trying to convince myself that why in the world would the sigs be fake. I was hoping to get some points of view.

I got this one Kirby signature way back when I was in the Navy, stationed in Ca. I got to talk for about 45 minutes with his wife as he was busy signing and such. I was an eye opener. This was at the time when he was suing Marvel to get his original work back.

Take a look at both signatures; see if they match before buying.

Good luck.

117075.jpg.5ad70b0ccf43b9f56a387326e7d958c7.jpg

117076.jpg.47656513aec57403489be98f8d0d6b31.jpg