• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dead Beat Bidder AF 15

3,340 posts in this topic

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments. I declined because I wanted the money all at once. So I told him to bid on it, via ebay, and If he won I would gave in three days to evantually pay for it. So after he won the book on ebay, he complained that he over paid for the book. So I knew that the deal was no longer vaild. In the end he pulled out of the deal, meanwhile I now have to call ebay and explain to them with happend, and try to re-coop my listing fees. Im unhappy and dissapointed that someone would bid on something and not pay for it, and pull out of the deal.

I've also like to add one thing. I've had over 200 tranactions and this is the first time that anyone has ever pulled out of a deal. Weather it was a $10.00 comic book or $2000, everyone has paid for their purchase.

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments. I declined because I wanted the money all at once. So I told him to bid on it, via ebay, and If he won I would gave in three days to evantually pay for it. So after he won the book on ebay, he complained that he over paid for the book. So I knew that the deal was no longer vaild. In the end he pulled out of the deal, meanwhile I now have to call ebay and explain to them with happend, and try to re-coop my listing fees. Im unhappy and dissapointed that someone would bid on something and not pay for it, and pull out of the deal.

Completely useless information without naming the bidder. meh

As alot of you know, I had my AF 15, CGC 1.0 on auction this past week on ebay, no reserve. Anyways the guy who one the auction is a boardie, on here. He PM, me saying that he was really interested in the AF 15, He made an offer of $2,750, but told me he wanted to make payments.

I'm guessing he wanted to make the first payment, then have you send him the book, and then he'd promise to make the other payments...

Can someone tell me the GPA on the AF 15 @ 1.0? I want to know how much to overpaid by, lol.

Not bad, but I knew I overpaid by like $500. I wasn't home and asked a family member to put in a $2500 bid for me, and of course they decided to bid more.

No, it was definitely my brother that screwed up. I told him to bid $2500, and he apparently got carried away.

I guess that's a lesson. I shouldn't make sure to put my max bid in prior to going anywhere.

Yeah, but its still bothering me. I wouldn't have cared it someone else beat me on it, but my brother had to bid it up. My max was honestly $2500. I was initially ready to pay more, but after hearing from everyone here about how the book might go down, I didn't want to pay too much.

Follow the process.

File a non-paying bidder claim.

Wait the week (or is it 10 days) then close it.

Email the second high bidder and let him know you will offer it to him if he wants it once your claim is closed and you get your FVF fees back from eBay.

Well here's the guy and part of the conversation.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5198022&fpart=478

Here's the Ebay auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160671828452?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1288

Amazing. The guy made a monster offer of $2750 with time payments and it was declined because the seller wanted the money all at once, which is understandable.

Seller suggests placing a bid on Ebay instead, and it closes at another monster price of $2766.99

2nd Highest bid: $2,739.00

Winner pays exactly max bid. Well, he doesn't actually pay...

Good God, I can't wait to sell my 2.5 for five figures someday.