• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slobodian pedigree

9 posts in this topic

His auctions used to say he didn't get a pedigree designation because he had trimmed a couple of his own books (X-men #2 is one of them IIRC.)

I used to get his catalog a lifetime ago when he was still located in Manitoba.He always had a nice selection of books but grading was way off.

When I was a kid I traded him a Mad #24 for a Space Ranger book. I can't remember the issue # but I wanted to exchange it because he graded it a VF but Space Ranger had been traced in pen so it's nowhere near a VF.

He basically refused to trade the book back, I persisted and I did get a Four color back in trade when I returned the Space Ranger book and when I didn't agree with the grade on that book and told him I wanted my Mad #24 back he said he sold the Mad #24 already.

It was the last time I dealt with him, I mean who rips off a little kid?

So if anybody has a Mad #24 with the name "Bill Dobson" written on the cover it's mine. lol

It was the last time I dealt with him, I mean who rips off a little kid?

gerry ross and his partner in crime robert cresthol of 1,000,000 comix doh!

lol yeah those guys.

I know he had his whole collection listed on the first page and was for sale only as a collection.

He said he would cherry pick the best copies off the stands when they came out and he did receive some nice grades from the books he was selling.