• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine 35???? Tough to find in high grade?
1 1

723 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

you guys are making me wanna check my copy.

One thing I don't get though, I thought that if a particular defect was the norm than it would be fine for a 9.8. Like the small tear at the bottom of ASM 361. 

It is, there's a smattering of 9.8 Wolverine 35s in the census.  The covers of this issue are made out of toilet paper though, which makes it that much harder to find in high grade.

We discussed it in the copper covers thread, but the last few issues of Ronin and some of the later Marvel Fanfare (the painted Sheena covers) certainly have that potential in 9.8. I wouldn't say the sheena books are necessarily dollar books, they sell for a few bucks on ebay, but a lot of books like that can be found in $1-$2 boxes if you hunt hard enough. and ronin 6 is not a book i have found in a dollar box, although i have all the others

On 2/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Crazy to think that this thread had 165,000 views. 

It's generally the threads that matter the least that Garner the most attention...not saying this thread is one of them, but when I clicked on it that was exactly what I thought, but there is a bevy of information in here 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:36 AM, mattn792 said:

It is, there's a smattering of 9.8 Wolverine 35s in the census.  The covers of this issue are made out of toilet paper though, which makes it that much harder to find in high grade.

Guess im lucky enough to be sitting on one...

20210620_170706.jpg

On 3/18/2023 at 10:39 PM, mattn792 said:

I swear I’ll never submit another copy of that book.  Says mattn792 just about every year before he finds yet another “this could be it copy!” that ultimately comes back a 9.4.  :frustrated:

Ah, I see the issue here. The problem is you're submitting what you think are 9.8 candidates...those get 9.4. Have to recalibrate!

What you want to do is submit 9.9 candidates for 9.6, and gem-mint 10 candidates to get 9.8. :D

On 2/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Crazy to think that this thread had 165,000 views. 

Update: 169.4K :insane: