• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

8 of the worst comic book movies of all-time

185 posts in this topic

The guy who wrote the article, Neil Bulson, states:

"Oh well, I guess this is what you get when you cast Superman based solely on the fact the he kinda, sorta looks like Christopher Reeve (pre-Stephen Hawking era Reeve, naturally.)"

Gee, I think I'll lump together spinal paralysis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis in an attempt to be funny!

i didnt read the beginning. that was a my bad but how about the xmen and spiderman movies ...specifically the 3rd one on both

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really like the third Spider-Man movie.

Me too.

Peter's funky dancing - what's not to like.

where the hell was 'the watchmen' on the list. doh! biggest pile of DC crapola. :tonofbricks:

I disagree.

Yeah. I second that. I went to a screener in NYC with 250 of the geekiest comic book nerds who were reviewers, critics and web "journalists" and the majority seemed very pleased with how it was executed, and a great many remarked how the non-squid ending actually helped the film. I'm sure there were people that didn't like it - but I think most people did, enough to the fact it will never land on a "worst of" list.

im one of those that liked that one

I didn't think Watchmen was bad at all.

I mean what more do these critics want?

where the hell was 'the watchmen' on the list. doh! biggest pile of DC crapola. :tonofbricks:

I disagree.

Yeah. I second that. I went to a screener in NYC with 250 of the geekiest comic book nerds who were reviewers, critics and web "journalists" and the majority seemed very pleased with how it was executed, and a great many remarked how the non-squid ending actually helped the film. I'm sure there were people that didn't like it - but I think most people did, enough to the fact it will never land on a "worst of" list.

im one of those that liked that one

I didn't think Watchmen was bad at all.

I mean what more do these critics want?

Totally agree.

i didnt read the beginning. that was a my bad but how about the xmen and spiderman movies ...specifically the 3rd one on both

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really like the third Spider-Man movie.

Me too.

If I told you, that is my life everyday. Would you believe me?

Me too.

Yes.

Me too.

Yes.

How grand.

Despite all the shortcomings it's interesting to get the perspective of the non-fan. Although there were a few omissions, I generally agree with what he said.

The Spirit is the worst mainstream film ever. Watched it on a plane coming back from the U.S., having been told how appalling a travesty it was. After 30 seconds, I realized that it was indeed execrable. After 10 minutes, I knew it was as bad as cinema gets. Getting to the end of that flick in a cramped economy class seat was a remarkable achievement.

And Superman Returns is the only film I've gone to see at the cinema where I fell asleep. After snoozing for half an hour, I woke up and asked my friend next to me what I'd missed. He said he didn't know, he kept dozing off.

I think I'm the only who didn't think Daredevil was that bad (shrug)

Maybe. I thought it was horrible. Casting Ben A as Matt Murdock was a real mistake.

Yep.

The World's Most Boring Actor.

He played a blind guy and couldn't be interesting.

Agree totally. Daredevil needs a fresh start but I really can't think of anyone who could play that role.... Any ideas?

Despite all the shortcomings it's interesting to get the perspective of the non-fan. Although there were a few omissions, I generally agree with what he said.

The Spirit is the worst mainstream film ever. Watched it on a plane coming back from the U.S., having been told how appalling a travesty it was. After 30 seconds, I realized that it was indeed execrable. After 10 minutes, I knew it was as bad as cinema gets. Getting to the end of that flick in a cramped economy class seat was a remarkable achievement.

I know that, like me, you're an Eisner Spirit fan, Andy, so that must've been torture. :(

Having some prescription diazepam with me when I fly, in this unique and desperate situation I think  I would've chosen to take one or two and crash out, oblivious, for a couple of hours instead. (thumbs u

Really, the airline was having a laugh, inflicting that pile of drivel on a captive audience. doh!

And Superman Returns is the only film I've gone to see at the cinema where I fell asleep. After snoozing for half an hour, I woke up and asked my friend next to me what I'd missed. He said he didn't know, he kept dozing off.

Although, like you, I didn't need medication to sleep through part of 'Superman Returns' at the cinema. lol Tried to stay conscious, simply couldn't. (shrug)

My list of failed Comic movies...in m opinion anyhow.

Batman Forever

Batman & Robin

Punisher (1989)

Hulk (2003)

Superman III :screwy:

Wanted

X-Man: First Class :screwy::screwy:

Judge Dread

I'm also in the growing minority who enjoyed Daredevil (minus one or two painful moments). I liked the pimp-style Kingpin and Colin Farrell did a good job at making Bullseye credible. Spider-Man 3 was poor, but it wouldn't make a Top 10 bad movie list.

I'm tempted to see The Spirit just to see if it's as bad as people are saying.

Affleck hate is the number one reason people c.rap on DD. I like him and the movie, personally.

Also liked Ghost Rider. Plain dumb fun.

FF should have been on there, and The Spirit should have been number 1.

I don't know why people give Superman III so much grief. That was a good movie.

Agreed, it wasn't bad. I guess the fans weren't prepared for an installment that played mainly for humor, but it had some decent turns from Vaughn and Pryor. Certainly better than the toe-curlingly awful Superman IV.