• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicConnect December Auction

181 posts in this topic

The Action #1 and Superman #1 books are definitely the high lights of this auction and will command premium hammer prices. However, I wonder if bidding fatigue will finally set in for the rest of the lot, especially after the recent Pedigree, ComicLink and Heritage auctions.

The Action #1 and Superman #1 books are definitely the high lights of this auction and will command premium hammer prices. However, I wonder if bidding fatigue will finally set in for the rest of the lot, especially after the recent Pedigree, ComicLink and Heritage auctions.

Already has for many certain, books,

:sumo:

Fatigue, is a great accurate word, to describe the recent auction orgy.

I had so many bids going, for what appears to be fair to great buys, and on the other side so many books for sale, that got boned, i am worn out,

Stop the madness

I wonder what the Rockford Supes #14 will go for. Already over 10K with weeks to go.
I believe I was offfered this copy for 20K not too long ago and passed, so my guess is south of there (shrug)

Fatigue, is a great accurate word, to describe the recent auction orgy.

I had so many bids going, for what appears to be fair to great buys, and on the other side so many books for sale, that got boned, i am worn out,

Stop the madness

As a buyer I'm not exactly sure what works better for me. Should CL, CC and Heritage coordinate so that we have 1 featured auction every month of the year, or is it better to have them all at the same time? The benefit of having them all at once is to build up anticipation, but more importantly, give buyers an opportunity to build up a war chest over a 3 month span before each major auction.

From a consignment standpoint, I do think that CL should keep their auctions separate from the other two. I mean it's almost like trying to compete with a show like Charlie's Angels vs. Monday Night Football and Dancing with the Stars. You will lose that battle every time.

Well if your a buyer "only" you want all four of the auction's at the same time,

Not so is your a seller,

We consigned over 450 books to the auction houses, and by and large got reeemed on the selling end of the Marvel SA, many in uper high grade, i.e. 9.8

So, I have a bone to pick with the auction houses as a seller, ( knowingly doing auctions at the same time), if they want any more of my inventory, certain, time lines of specific featured auctions will be taken into account and not participated in,

B

Well if your a buyer "only" you want all four of the auction's at the same time,

Not so is your a seller,

We consigned over 450 books to the auction houses, and by and large got reeemed on the selling end of the Marvel SA, many in uper high grade, i.e. 9.8So, I have a bone to pick with the auction houses as a seller, ( knowingly doing auctions at the same time), if they want any more of my inventory, certain, time lines of specific featured auctions will be taken into account and not participated in,

B

Was the majority of your Marvel SA pre-1964 or post 1964?

What I have been seeing is post 1964/65 is now being lumped in with bronze age and tanking.

Not so is your a seller,

We consigned over 450 books to the auction houses, and by and large got reeemed on the selling end of the Marvel SA, many in uper high grade, i.e. 9.8So, I have a bone to pick with the auction houses as a seller, ( knowingly doing auctions at the same time), if they want any more of my inventory, certain, time lines of specific featured auctions will be taken into account and not participated in,

B

Was the majority of your Marvel SA pre-1964 or post 1964? (thumbs u

What I have been seeing is post 1964/65 is now being lumped in with bronze age and tanking.

(thumbs u

I'll be watching this auction close--not because I'm buying anything, but because my Superman 2-10 are being auctioned off in this! I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw the books in their little magazine.

Good luck! (thumbs u

I'll be watching this auction close--not because I'm buying anything, but because my Superman 2-10 are being auctioned off in this! I got a warm fuzzy feeling when I saw the books in their little magazine.

I was going to bid on some of those, but then I saw the jar of Jerry Siegel's hair...

Why no one would want that is beyond me.