• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reholder/Resubmission?

2 posts in this topic

I've read through the posts here to see if my question was already answered, but I don't think it has (or else I missed it, so sorry for that). I recently had a CGC graded comic take some serious damage in the mail. The outer holder was busted open along the bottom edge, enough that the inner holder could possibly be removed from the outer. I would like to have this comic reholdered. It appears that the inner case took no damage at all. So, should I send the whole thing, broken case and all in for a reholder, or remove the inner case and send it in as a resubmission? If a reholder, I assume you don't want the little broken pieces of the outer holder? If a resubmission, should the inner holder be removed, or should I send it whole with the original label? Thanks.

• Administrator

The comic must be submitted with the outer holder intact or at least present on the outside of the comic to be considered eligible for the reholder service. The case and comic will be inspected for damage, but the book will not be reconsidered for grading unless damage has occurred. (for example, if the book is dropped and the case shatters in one corner it is possible that the corner of the book could have suffered damage, so that is what is checked for) If this is the case we would contact you.

If you remove the comic from the outer holder and only send it in the inner well, then it will be resubmitted for regrading.