• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What was I thinking?

1 post in this topic

Whose idea was it to make teasers mandatory???

I basically spent my allotment for the month and then some but I saw a very reasonably prices All American Men of War on Comic Link (very rare). I decided to make a low offer just to get the negotiations going. Then on second thought I dropped my offer another $20. Less than half guide price. And *boom* the seller agrees. This is the second time in a few weeks this has happened. Previously I got a super deal on a copy of World's Finest #21. I CANNOT bid again for at LEAST a month maybe two even if I never expect the offer to be accepted. The one nice thing is it bumped me into 3rd place among the AAMofW sets. So come see the latest addition to my set. Also, I completed my essay on AAMofW you case you want to know about all I know about the set.

Also, why do people keep thinking war comics are hot? They sit on auction sites unloved and unwanted. Dealers seem convinced that they can get above guide and it never works (except that inexplicable one that sold for $780). Also, if you're trying to gain registry points AAMofW is just about the worst set to do it. My new comic has a guide listing of $374, it's the second highest graded copy of the issue and it gained me a measly 140 registry points. More evidence that the demand for war comics is very low.

9981.jpg

See more journals by David Swan