• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC Listen?

126 posts in this topic

Lovely stories. The shipping charges can actually add up quickly so somebody submitting a couple of books would be wise to submit through a 3rd party.

Not if he uses Media Mail. Again, something you have no control over.

In the vast majorities of cases the 3rd party has much more experience on how to properly pack and submit. As mentioned earlier this method can often be cheaper.

Wow, I think you may be right, a 3rd party might be able to pack better - that's why CGC has that link about "how to package your books" - you saw that when you clicked on the Option 3 links, right?. But the "submit" part is wrong, you don't need any experience to print out forms in triplicate, fill them out, and include them in the package with your books.

How many comics have you submitted?

The grasping at straws begins! Beginning to doubt yourself, eh?

I have no concerns. Our new friend believes he's got it all figured out. lol

Pretty embarassing for you that a "Noob" knows more about submitting comics to CGC than you.

Actually more entertaining that you think you do. lol

So are you saying that there is absolutely no way I can submit comics by myself, mailing the books from my house directly to CGC with no middleman, not having signed up for any kind of membership, and still get a 10% discount?

Please say yes!

And return mail?

The only thing I doubt Captain is your ability to use a calculator. :)

Return mail is return mail, CGC doesn't offer it any cheaper than what they charge. Again, you've missed the point, but I'm getting used to that.

Well your point of having the ability to submit was conceded some time ago. Your point that you are saving money submitting yourself vs getting a membership or submitting through a 3rd party is not. In fact you would be incorrect.

So how much did you pay for your last submission? :popcorn:

And return mail?

The only thing I doubt Captain is your ability to use a calculator. :)

Return mail is return mail, CGC doesn't offer it any cheaper than what they charge. Again, you've missed the point, but I'm getting used to that.

Well your point of having the ability to submit was conceded some time ago.

It was? You have a funny way of saying "you're right". And since that's my real point, (since Tnerb did not know about this or understand it) I'm glad to see you're not as dumb as I thought.

Your point that you are saving money submitting yourself vs getting a membership or submitting through a 3rd party is not. In fact you would be incorrect.

That wasn't my point, as I have listed at least 4 non-monetary reasons not to give your books to a middleman. If you're talking about sending in 3 Modern books on a $109 CGC membership then yes, IMHO you are wasting $60. Plus, Tnerb said his LCS doesn't give a discount, but online he could get a 10% discount. Isn't 10% off better than 0% off, Capt. Calculator?

So how much did you pay for your last submission? :popcorn:

10% less than people who don't know you can get 10% off.

Sorry I made you look stupid, I can see why you'd be defensive. Better luck to you in 2012, maybe you should pick easier targets/subjects.

lol

Thanks for sharing. :screwy:

Let me know when you're ready to talk actual figures. (thumbs u

haha, This whole thread has become quite a funny read.

I personally enjoy not having to submit comics so I can actually read them.

Smart man :thumbsup: But if you collected comics like Chew, you'd be doing the world a favor by slabbing them. That way no one has to be subjected to that horrible art.

Art is subjective, if you don't like it you don't have to read it. I personally enjoy Robs art and I think the fans of the series do too.

I can tell it's going to be a great year! :D

Hey you, don't you get involved in this, you're one of the good guys!

Sorry, I must have got lost.

What does your dog think of this thread, Mike?