• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

Finally read the issue. I am definitely going to continue reading it. Dark and good writing so far. Can't seem to find #2. Is this a monthly?

Issue 2 is scheduled for release on Feb 1.

Sweet! Thanks, man. Can't wait to continue reading. I'll try the first 5 issues and then decie if I'd like to continue with it. (thumbs u

Bought the last issue at my LCS on the positive reviews, and it was the "B" cover.

What did you think??

I think it was a decent read. Not overwhelming, not underwhelming. It's hard to be a very good true #1 issue and, with such limitations, I think it did well. I'll definitely give #2 a look.

I think that Brubaker didn't try to write a "true #1." I think that, relative to a lot of #1s, which try to grab your attention, Brubaker decided to set up story. Why? IMNSHO, because he can. He knows that there are a lot of people out there who will give anything he writes a chance, so why not take some time to set up a big story. 2c

What I meant was there was no familiarity with the characters, a lot needed 'setting up' (as you agree). To me, that's a true #1. Makes you want to read issue #2, and, in theory, stay on for at least the first arc. Heavy introduction, slow building drama. Contrast that with something equally well written where all the characters are well known, like Uncanny X-Force #1.

Cover B OA sold before it was even posted on the site. :o The Splash page with the Swastika'd peeps sold quick as well. (p17)

Cover for #2 is also pretty sweet. I wonder why it's more than the first one. Love the feel of the pieces, though.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=23470&ArtistId=120

Cover B OA sold before it was even posted on the site. :o The Splash page with the Swastika'd peeps sold quick as well. (p17)

Cover for #2 is also pretty sweet. I wonder why it's more than the first one. Love the feel of the pieces, though.

http://www.splashpageart.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=23470&ArtistId=120

That's odd. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have cover A.

the 2nd printing is going to be released with the 2nd issue next week......

wonder if the cover will be different. it may end up having a lower printing than the 1st issue, since they stated they had a generous overprinting of the first (not sure what that means).

ah...FATALE #1 VAR CVR 2ND PTG

guess something will be different about it.

Nah. I asked Mark and he stated that he had just gotten the pieces in and had already made a sale on B.

I also agree, I'd rather have Cover A. I think B was hot because of the print run on it, maybe. (shrug)

I guess that makes sense, but covers have a print run of 1. Also, I am more likely to associate te comic with the A cover rather than the B. That's just me though.

the 2nd printing is going to be released with the 2nd issue next week......

wonder if the cover will be different. it may end up having a lower printing than the 1st issue, since they stated they had a generous overprinting of the first (not sure what that means).

ah...FATALE #1 VAR CVR 2ND PTG

guess something will be different about it.

hm. I thought it was a small print run? I could't find one LCS in my area that had it either copy. They were mostly in major cities it seems. And Cover B was supposed to be half the print of Cover A.

Nah. I asked Mark and he stated that he had just gotten the pieces in and had already made a sale on B.

I also agree, I'd rather have Cover A. I think B was hot because of the print run on it, maybe. (shrug)

I guess that makes sense, but covers have a print run of 1. Also, I am more likely to associate te comic with the A cover rather than the B. That's just me though.

Indeed. Funny, I'm also looking forward to the covers as much as the story. They're kick arse so far. :cloud9: