• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK EVENT - BRISTOL

15 posts in this topic

Who is going to the Bristol Comic Festival May ( 2 Days 29 / 30 May 2004 ) .

This will be my fourth year I love it !

Not that many high grade silver age for sale but I always manage to spend all my money .

Only bit of bad news this year , my favorite restaurant " BRAZZ" has closed down .

Anyone know a nice place to eat Saturday night 29 May .

Something a bit classy I like to be in nice surroundings.

My wife comes with me and we stay in Jurys Hotel for the weekend , this year my daughter and her boyfriend are coming too . grin.gif

Not that many high grade silver age for sale but I always manage to spend all my money .

Only bit of bad news this year , my favorite restaurant " BRAZZ" has closed down .

My wife comes with me and we stay in Jurys Hotel for the weekend , this year my daughter and her boyfriend are coming too . grin.gif

Maybe you could have a Forum dinner, since there seems to be so many UK posters. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe you could have a Forum dinner, since there seems to be so many UK posters. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I would think there would be more people at the National Con for a forum dinner.

I will have to make the effort to come to the National soon, but seeing as eBay is always there i don't see much point until there is a better variety of CGC graded books.

Noooooooooo

Just come for the event forget CGC , this is an event !! Time to meet dealers and collectors , make contacts , enjoy yourself .

It's a good time .

I will have to make the effort to come to the National soon, but seeing as eBay is always there i don't see much point until there is a better variety of CGC graded books.

Noooooooooo

Just come for the event forget CGC , this is an event !! Time to meet dealers and collectors , make contacts , enjoy yourself .

It's a good time .

Doesn't Harley Yee come to one of the London cons?

Noooooooooo

It's a good time .

Doesn't Harley Yee come to one of the London cons?

Harley will be over at the Camden Mart on July 4th. Hope some of you guys can make it. hi.gif

Here I am (Donut would be proud of me) buying 60 comics for 50 pence ( cents ) each , also bought some high grade Avengers for a lot more than 50 pence each .

It was a great week-end I find everyone I meet at these things to be so nice and friendly .

Image040.jpgImage038.jpg

Don't tempt me , I have lots more photos and I could bore you with details of what I bought from Inconito Comics or Ace comics etc..

I just wanted to show people these smallish shows can be enjoyed as well as the big ones .

grin.gif

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I thought it was average at best and not a patch on the old UKCAC ones held in London. While the mart section was ok it was no different from any other mart you can go to - still the same old parochial dealers selling nothing more interesting than box on box of 80s and 90s over-stock. There was only Incognito there with any high-grade stuff.... where were the US dealers? Where was Goldust? crazy.gif Where was Silveracre?! tongue.gif

However, the two big turn-offs were -

1. the utter debacle that was the auction. I have NEVER witnessed such a farcical and embarrassing performance - I mean really... you had to see it to believe it.

2. UK fandom - hairy, ugly, smelly, fat and aggressive - and that was just the women. Where were all the slick operators from these boards...?

sign-rantpost.gif

1. the utter debacle that was the auction. I have NEVER witnessed such a farcical and embarrassing performance - I mean really... you had to see it to believe it.

EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN!

2. UK fandom - hairy, ugly, smelly, fat and aggressive - and that was just the women. Where were all the slick operators from these boards...?

Couldnt make it....... As usual. But I am hoping to be at one of the July London marts thumbsup2.gif

It went a bit like this:

Begins late, people talking at the front, general fannying around, Dez Skinn appears, does an auction, can't find the right art-work, projector doesn't work, some other guy takes over, wheezes a lot, more fannying around, [!@#%^&^] jokes, rambling, supremely irritating women keeps shouting "name!", embarrassed silences, more messing around, desperate searches through file for art... well, I stayed for as long as humanely possible

most art sold for peanuts - but really wanted the Dave Gibbons piece of Miracleman - but it went a bit too high... there were other nice pieces too - but it just all seemed so chaotic... which can be entertaining but it was more excruciating than anything else

still, all for Charadee