• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wonder Woman casting

193 posts in this topic

She's playing Maria Hill in The Avengers.

I'll pay attention to her when the movie comes out then. I wouldn't really think of any woman far under 6' as an "Amazon" though--a woman really needs to be a bit taller than the average man at 5' 9" for you to think of a woman that way, so it seems fairly important for probably the most famous Amazonian in American culture to fit that bill. She's always around 6' or so in the comics and is around the same height as the 6' 2"-ish Superman and Batman.

Then get a 6' supermodel lol

Lots of good body examples there that fit the physical mold--Elle MacPherson, Claudia Schiffer. Plenty of others who are far less-known.

She's playing Maria Hill in The Avengers.

I'll pay attention to her when the movie comes out then. I wouldn't really think of any woman far under 6' as an "Amazon" though--a woman really needs to be a bit taller than the average man at 5' 9" for you to think of a woman that way, so it seems fairly important for probably the most famous Amazonian in American culture to fit that bill. She's always around 6' or so in the comics and is around the same height as the 6' 2"-ish Superman and Batman.

Then get a 6' supermodel lol

Lots of good body examples there that fit the physical mold--Elle MacPherson, Claudia Schiffer. Plenty of others who are far less-known.

hm

My pic for sometime, mentioned in another thread I think, has been Paz Vega.

Thou I hate to say it, depending on how old you think WW is she may be starting to get too old at 36 but I think she certainly still has it and she can act

paz-vega-08.jpg

Thou I hate to say it, depending on how old you think WW is she may be starting to get too old at 36 but I think she certainly still has it and she can act

paz-vega-08.jpg

Sweet Jesus, she's 36? I'm the same age, and I looked like 50 miles of bad road at 12 compared to this woman.

but a big 6" woman is not considered universally attractive! WHo cares about making WW giant sized? just attractive confident and heroic. remember: size doesn't matter!

They're unattractive to men who are standing near them and feeling short--which is the entire concept and reason for the popularization of the Amazon woman concept, it's a woman who doesn't need a man to protect them and who can kick their . And who cares? DC writers care, they've been depicting her that way for a while.

I you think that a 5'8" woman can't be made to look 6' tall, even without CGI, then you don't know jack-all about movie making.

I agree

I know with Hollywood male actors it happens all the time.

Arnold Schwarzenegger is really 5'10"

Stallone is really 5'9"

Tom Cruise is really 5'7"

and this was before CGI ,so making a 5'8" woman to look 6' tall is possible.

paz-vega-08.jpg

Sweet Jesus, she's 36? I'm the same age, and I looked like 50 miles of bad road at 12 compared to this woman.

:gossip: Run yourself through Photoshop and you can look as good as you want to.

paz-vega-08.jpg

:gossip: Run yourself through Photoshop and you can look as good as you want to.

Agreed. This image has been P.S.'d to death.

I you think that a 5'8" woman can't be made to look 6' tall, even without CGI, then you don't know jack-all about movie making.

I agree

Stallone is really 5'9"

Yep. I stand by my statement. Height is irrelevant in these days of movie magic. Getting the right look for the part is everything.

I agree

Stallone is really 5'9"

Yep. I stand by my statement. Height is irrelevant in these days of movie magic. Getting the right look for the part is everything.

and boobs

Gina fits the bill.

Grow out the hair some. She has the body fit. Give her more acting lessons and you have a winner.

The other suggestions are great too, but they are either too old(Last one), too inexperience, or would know an action scene if it bit them in the .

She has all 3 in her favor. Fairly young, she has headlined a movie and didnt get panned to hard, and she can fight and train.