• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

That's an outrageous price for a convention special.

Check the sold prices on last year's ComicsPro Walking Dead #81 variant CGC'd.

(look for Branget's SS that sold)

Then think about this being a 1st issue.

I think it is just about right.

(says the guy who has one)

There are reasons for that sale not found on GPA. But it was a nice surprise. :ohnoez:

i had a seller that said he listed all his books as F+ whether they were NM or not. I got a few NM from him that way. Guess he's covering his bases.

someone posted a ToT variant for $169.00. I don't think these are quite as ultra rare as everyone is going on about. though it is having a nice residual effect on the previously slow moving regular edition.

so I'm guessing with the variant hot, the regular issue #1 is worthless?

not exactly. it actually increases interest in the regular edition because it's affordable. Also completists want both.

It might also be that the regular edition could be worth a decent amount if you could find one in great shape. It sounds like there are a ton with ink smudges on the pack and spine dings. If you could find a book without them, it could actually be relatively rare.

smudges yes a ton every issue i have bought had them. I bought 15 from midtown sent 5 to cgc, the rest alittle rough on the corners. Then i got 7 more from another site those were the worst. I finaly saw what you guys were talking about for the spine ouch really, yeah i was so irriated but oh well. So im hoping one of the ones i sent in get a 9.8 but never know whats gunna happen. All 5 that i sent in had sharp corners and no creases on spine. I had actually posted on of them on the PGM thread seems like might be a 9.8. Depending what they decide to do with that smudge. Im sure it will just be a production error.

yeah i'm not as concerned about the smudge as the spine creases..i can't imagine a ton of 9.8's flooding the market. A handful at best. Out of 13 i have i couldn't pick one i wanted to send in for CGC/SS at the expo. All of them had some degree of spine crease, not major but just enough.

i actually thought about pressing...but wanted to see how the comic did first financially. Some of my creases extend to the spine with a touch of color break which is kind of a game killer....and others are just slight bends without any color loss. I'd say 5 of mine could be pressed in the future if need be.

hmm, last shop i went to had a big stack of them and they all looked pretty nice, no spine dings or anything...all had the smudge on the back though, that must be a production issue

with that said, unless they are moving for $10-$20 pretty rapidly I'm not going to rush over there and buy them out as I am not going to slab them