• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Place Like Home

294 posts in this topic

which is regular and which is variant, i just got hold of the grey cover, the other i believe is green

The Ian Churchill cover is the variant. I think both covers were shipped in a 50%/50% ratio, but I could be wrong on that.

Hi Guys,

Just so you know this here fellow CGC boarder (Me) is the writer of No Place Like Home.

The first trade is 5 issues, it'll be a series of mini series with a number of months in-between each series.

(PS. It's OK if you don't like it, but would be great if you do).

wish you had pimped this before today. saw it at my LCS and didn't pick it up. was a slow week and if i'd known a boardie had written it i'd have definitely given it a shot. how about a two sentence pitch?

Yeah, I should have pimped it, but I wasn't sure if it was the done thing on these fine boards.

As for a two sentence pitch...

Pretty girls with tattoos. Flying monkeys.

But no tits and , teen angst, emo stuff!

OK, that was three, but they were short sentences.

:)

Lot of buzz around this title. I went to 2 LCS today and they had sold out within a couple of hours.

I flew to your neck of the woods and bought them all while they were still unloading them off the UPS truck. ;)

I know I saw you on "Hoarders" so I wouldn't be surprised. lol

Luckily, I reserved a copy. I'm looking forward to reading it.

lol

Yeah, I was the one providing the counseling. ;)

I bought both, but unfortunately, my regular edition has a color-breaking spine crease. :sorry:

You can still read it with or without it, right? :baiting:;)

I've already read it, you twit. That's why I said I liked it earlier in the thread. :tonofbricks:

lol

Yeah, I should have pimped it, but I wasn't sure if it was the done thing on these fine boards.

As for a two sentence pitch...

Pretty girls with tattoos. Flying monkeys.

But no tits and , teen angst, emo stuff!

OK, that was three, but they were short sentences.

:)

You forgot guts as well.

Picked it up. Just as I guessed...no Churchill covers. Looking forward to #2. Wicked cliff hanger to the first issue. (thumbs u

I only bought this title because I really liked the covers hoping that it would be a decent read. I just finished reading it and I loved it! The fact that a fellow boardie wrote it just makes it that much more awesome. I too like the horror aspect and I find the characters interesting and real (which seems to be lacking from a lot of comics these days). I also loved the cliffhanger ending and I am excited about reading the next issue. The possibilities are endless and I can't wait to see where this goes. I'm going to add this to my pull list and rave about this title to everyone I know.

Thanks for the support guys, apparently, and I'm waiting for official word it's sold out at distributor level. Probably wasn't a massive print run, but thats a appositive sign.

Be sure to send us all personal PMs when you hear about a second print. Those things are hard to find. :baiting:

Is this book making somehwat of a presence at the Image Expo or at London Con by any chance? Haven't fully gone through the artist/creator/etc listings yet.

Being stuck in England in the UK I'm not sure what's happening US wise, except I'll be coming over for SDCC. Going to try and do Kapow! in London, going to slip in to Con and do some pimping myself.

(Thanks for the PMs too guys, will get answers to you ASAP).