• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

yeah i see the same thing, just causes confusion throughout....right now it's not going to sell any hotter saying 500 or 5k. Anyways some people tend to do whatever they can get away with.

I disagree re 500 v. 5k number. Just look at the bw 94 variant. No way it's going for several hundred dollars if it's a print run of 5000 or even 2000 vs the 200 it's been printed at. What have SDCC WD variant print runs been, 5k? More value than regularly numbered issue but not stratospheric like we've seen here or on Ebay since Saturday.

Beat me to it Bruce. I was going to reference Batman 608 as an example. That is a 200 total print run too (unless I'm mistaken?) and look at those prices. This WD 94 sketch is one hot ticket me thinks.

Jerome

I think it is safe to say this B&W variant will be the hottest variant for some time for The Walking Dead series (Until the #100 variants that will be polybagged, limited to 50 issues and signed by Branget... err I mean Kirkman). :)

If anyone is interested in my B&W copy I am looking to trade it for souls. Best offer so far is 3 souls and a double chocolate chip cookie. :insane:

Beat me to it Bruce. I was going to reference Batman 608 as an example. That is a 200 total print run too (unless I'm mistaken?) and look at those prices. This WD 94 sketch is one hot ticket me thinks.

Jerome

I think it is safe to say this B&W variant will be the hottest variant for some time for The Walking Dead series (Until the #100 variants that will be polybagged, limited to 50 issues and signed by Branget... err I mean Kirkman). :)

If anyone is interested in my B&W copy I am looking to trade it for souls. Best offer so far is 3 souls and a double chocolate chip cookie. :insane:

Why is it I think you are right on the issue 100 of WD?

If anyone is interested in my B/W copy I might consider an ASM #1 graded 9.0 :insane:

Jerome

I wouldn't be surprised if more color versions are circulated at future cons this year (unless they already sold out). Seems to me that 500 vs 5000 would make a TREMENDOUS difference in price. ($75 vs $15).

I could be wrong but from what I heard from those who attended the Image Comic Expo they are not planning to pass these out later, they will be destroyed. Now before they destroy them how many may walk out the back door to be sold say online is another story.

For those who were at Image Comic Expo, we know the B&Ws were passed out to MVP pass holders. Were the colors passed at 1 to every person who paid to get in? Were there ways to get or buy more of them on site?

Color variants where passed out to everyone who bought a ticket to the show...and I think they will sell them at ECCC until all 5k are sold or given out through con season. But I was there when Kirkman's brother said they will burn the extras lol he did seem serious about that

B&Ws are the rarest WD book yet and will just go up in value as collectors buy from the sellers.

Also the way they stuffed these variants in swag bags...9.8s might not be the easiest to get for each variant

For those who were at Image Comic Expo, we know the B&Ws were passed out to MVP pass holders. Were the colors passed at 1 to every person who paid to get in? Were there ways to get or buy more of them on site?

The color versions were in the bag they gave out at registration along with the program. I didn't see another place to get these at the show.

I imagine that a lot of copies of this book will be "virtually lost". There was a big portion of the crowd that was pretty casual, and probably didn't know that this was a limited variant, or even know what that would mean. A decent amount of these that were given out will probably end up thrown in a box, recycle bin, or trash.

I didn't know this was limited or anything until a friend of mine asked if I got the book at the show. I almost just tossed it out, thinking it was just a random give away (glad I didn't).

Color variants where passed out to everyone who bought a ticket to the show...and I think they will sell them at ECCC until all 5k are sold or given out through con season. But I was there when Kirkman's brother said they will burn the extras lol he did seem serious about that

B&Ws are the rarest WD book yet and will just go up in value as collectors buy from the sellers.

Also the way they stuffed these variants in swag bags...9.8s might not be the easiest to get for each variant

Yeah I was more than a little upset that they didnt at the very least bag and board any of the books in the swag bag! Cmon Image! Wtf.

My copy looked pretty good and I bagged and boarded it immediately, so heres to hoping for a 9.8!

Jerome

^^

I know that I can find you some souls out there. They may not know it but that's just a technicality.

:shy: Now if I can just find a cookie around here somewhere.