• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead #94 Black & White Image Expo Variant Club

256 posts in this topic

I may have missed this somewhere in the flurry but do we know how many of the 200 bw variants were distributed?

Similarly, do we know the attendance at the Expo? We've heard that extras of the 5000 color variant will be burned/shredded/lining buckets of KFC/used as coasters at Irish bars but do we know how many were actually distributed?

Ah hell if they are giving out or selling the color variants also at ECCC then I should probably dump the ones I picked up and rebuy them a week from now when eBay is officially flooded.

Who all here is planning on attending ECCC? I won't be there, curious if a board member who is going to be there could help me out and pick some of these up for me if they end up selling them.

Ah hell if they are giving out or selling the color variants also at ECCC then I should probably dump the ones I picked up and rebuy them a week from now when eBay is officially flooded.

Who all here is planning on attending ECCC? I won't be there, curious if a board member who is going to be there could help me out and pick some of these up for me if they end up selling them.

Are they?! This is good news for me then cause i missed the boat on this one ...

I'm hoping to go but due to work conflicts won't know until likely a few days in advance. If I go, I'll try and remember to contact you first.

I'll be at ECC the first day Friday (only) right as the doors open. I can keep an eye out for some WD 94's and PM you via my phone if you want (thumbs u

Looks like Joel's book on eBay went to $380, good for him. I paid least for the 94 sketch on ebay so far (with goodies) :banana:

Jerome

I'll be at ECC the first day Friday (only) right as the doors open. I can keep an eye out for some WD 94's and PM you via my phone if you want (thumbs u

Looks like Joel's book on eBay went to $380, good for him. I paid least for the 94 sketch on ebay so far (with goodies) :banana:

Jerome

The best eBay auction so far for these moneywise as a buyer was the guy selling 3 variants total. It was for 2 B&W and 1 Color and went BIN for $265. The up or downside though was all 3 were signed by Kirkman and 1 of the B&Ws were also signed by Reedus and Yeun. I hoped a boardie won this auction but from your description I don't think this is the one you are referring to.

Yeah keep an eye out if you can and I will keep my phone close to me so I can get the PMs. Depending on if and how they are selling these I might want to get a few.

Jerome

Same here, I'll be helping friends set up their booth.

If they have them at the show, I'll try and post before the doors open so you guys can have your feeding frenzy. I'd had no problems picking up a few if they're available.

Anyone know if the eBay user rohrv05 is also a CGC board member?

This person listed 3 of these back to back to back at BINs of $175. I just missed the first one but snagged the 2nd one. I noticed right away though he was using the same scan for both auctions and messaged him wanting to see a scan of the exact book he intends to ship me before I proceed with paying.

Well he then listed a 3rd one which I just placed a bid on, I wouldn't mind maybe winning it outright in the auction but if he was using different scans for each auction I would have also outright snagged this one.

Only concern is the usual if it seems to be too good to be true.... Since he is listing these BINs for half of what the last few are going for which anyone can see on eBay completed auctions and since he isn't using unique scans for each auction.

Any chance a board member won the first auction of his for $175 BIN?

Yup 5 sold BIN and the 1 sitting at 100 via an auction because I placed a bid before anyone could get stuck with doing a BIN.

I still haven't paid for the 1 I snagged via BIN because I am being fed a line of BS via messages.

I finally told him point blank if he doesn't send me a good scan of the front and back of the exact copy I purchased I am not going to pay him.

Sucks one person I know who snagged 2 of these from him is fairly new to collecting WD stuff and I woke up this morning to them all excited they won two of these. I haven't broke it to them yet that this guy is probably not legit.

Have you told him to simply contact Branget? ;)

Yes I did actually. lol

Directed him towards these boards and pointed out you are the Crazy Canadian who somehow owns the printing presses that all Walking Dead books come off of and to contact you for any WD needs.