• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hell Yeah!

111 posts in this topic

Not familiar with The One. That's not based on the indie comic from the mid-80's, is it? Never read it, but remember the covers, which were very cool. I think it was by Now Comics, maybe?

the one was a martial arts movie where this guy's alternate reality selves (earth 2 for example) are being murdered.. He was 'the one' the only one left from all the realities. Cool concept really. Either issue 2 or 3 mentioned something similar was going to happen to the main character in Hell Yeah.

I was pleasantly surprised by the first issue. Much better than Thief of Thieves. It is more my style than Manhattan Projects (which was also surprisingly good). Glad I shelled out for the ashcan & variant cover. Image has been on a hit streak lately.

Missed out on the ashcans at the signing last night. But Joe is a pretty cool guy, no pretense or anything.

I mentioned the comparison to The One and he laughed. He also said the series is going to start to get "out there" but its going to be a slow burn story wise.

I look forward to reading it

There were certainly a lot of different aspects to the story that were introduced in issue 1...so much so that it did feel a bit rushed, or glossed over, even with 32 pages of story. That being said, there are a number of interesting ways this could go, and I hope he's right about the "slow burn". There is a lot of potential here, and I hope he develops the universe slowly, one concept at a time.

For example, one line about how the sports industry no longer exists...and then off to another topic.

On another note, the art was a bit shaky...but the colorist did a fantastic job, and added a lot of depth to art that otherwise looked a bit stiff and flat in the ashcan. One scene that bothered me, though...the hug on page 29. Man, does that look incredibly stiff and awkward (and also unnecessary).

if you haven't read the ashcan, i'd advise trying to get a copy to read. I can't believe they'll never reprint the last few pages (joe said they wouldn't), pretty darn important in regards to the plot.

yea that's quite a bit. i think the print run was around 10k though. Only 1 out of every 30,000 americans have the chance of owning one. 1 in 1,500,000 can possess an ashcan version.

Odds become much worse if you go global....