• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hell Yeah!

111 posts in this topic

Do many people CGC ashcans? I picked one up with the variant -- the ashcan is in great condition...but I just keep thinking about all that empty SPACE around it in the holder. CGC should build a CGC matted ashcan frame.

Do many people CGC ashcans? I picked one up with the variant -- the ashcan is in great condition...but I just keep thinking about all that empty SPACE around it in the holder. CGC should build a CGC matted ashcan frame.

I slab Chew sketchbooks which are similar. Never had a problem.

Got 15 copies in of Hell Yeah 1 (paid like $20 shipped) i ordered quite a while ago from DCB...seeing the prices on ebay (a few recently didn't sell for .99) i was not sure they would sell well. Put a lot of 10 for $49.99 and they all sold in a couple minutes.

Nice to know there's still some demand from someone for the regular issue. The variant & ashcan really seemed to take away some of the steam.

Probably guaranteeing it takes off by unloading them but would rather double my money now than put them with my Motorhead stack later.

I think this issue will get hot when the second issue comes out. I also imagine that while the ashcan will be the hottest book of them all, I think we'll see the regular cover and the variant stay around the same price. Althoug they were released at around the same time, the variant is a regional variant and therefore not guaranteed to have more value than the regular issue. I think what else is keeping this book from taking off is that there is so much great stuff being put out by image. I imagine that once the hot limited series end this book will get well deseved attention because its an ongoing that will stay around for the long hall.

i was confused till the end of #2....what Keatinge SHOULD do is use black & white (or some other trasitionary technique) to show the difference between the present and the past or this timeline and an alternate timeline....no visual transition at all in the way he's doing it, makes the story seem like it's happening all at once.

What ticks me off is it has so much promise but the execution is lacking.

I actually thought the 2nd issue was rather fun. Certainly better than I had expected. I do think that the pacing is a bit odd (it seems like there was an awful lot crammed into this issue, so a lot of events are only touched upon rather than properly fleshed out), but perhaps this is just groundwork and this will change with future issues. I like the humor of the book, and I did not have a problem with the timelines/alternate realities. I think they go out of their way to distinguish them with different clothes/hair/etc.

Optimistic about issue 3.

I don't really have any problem with the timelines either, but I can see how someone would. It wouldn't be a bad idea to distinguish them, but as long as they don't start wearing the same clothes, etc. I'm not confused ... yet. I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the book. I had low expectations which I think has helped me enjoy the book more. High expectations can ruin any work of art (even Schindler's List when I was younger - I remember seeing it and being like that was a good movie but I don't know that it was the best movie I've ever seen or anything. Now I look back and think what the hell was wrong with me. High Expectations. skews perceptions every time. And no, I'm not trying to compare Hell Yeah to Schinderl's List.).

i had to actually make myself think that it was 3 Ben's that were all together at the same time (btw, how did they all get in the same timeline).

i thought the girl band thing was a huge distraction and added to my confusion.

i read one review where the guy was confused reading it...he gave it a 2/5 which seemed harsh...i would have said 3/5

also some of the writing is like he's trying to sound current (mess's about to get real) but comes off sounding like a parent using 'cool' phrases and falls flat.

yea that's quite a bit. i think the print run was around 10k though. Only 1 out of every 30,000 americans have the chance of owning one. 1 in 1,500,000 can possess an ashcan version.

Odds become much worse if you go global....

Like us Canadians buying them. I picked up two ashcans and a variant on eBay. Bought the FP of #1 when it hit the shelves.

Question, I heard that the Ashcan copys has 2 extra key pages included ? then the normal 1st. print comic, and will never be printed again !?! if this is true, why didn't CGC not write this information on the Blue label (shrug) I was thinking on buying one, but I see the prices are going sky high !!! like to know more about this, before I go out and get one ???