• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW MUTANTS 98 1st deadpool

110 posts in this topic

I am screwed I know it will get green label he signed on the right side edge front cover in metallic silver ink.. . Still it's a real nice copy. What effect does the Green label have on the potential other Green.....

Think PLOD and you're in the right ballpark.

If it is so common, why for the last week has there been only one for sale on ebay. (mine) I can't find any for sale in Denver anywhere. My LCS says the print runs on the late issues of New Mutants were low. Any truth to that.?? That being the case any 9.8s will go for big bucks.

If it is so common, why for the last week has there been only one for sale on ebay. (mine) I can't find any for sale in Denver anywhere. My LCS says the print runs on the late issues of New Mutants were low. Any truth to that.?? That being the case any 9.8s will go for big bucks.

I would think not, considering that Liefeld was the "hot" artist and Cable was the "hot" character at the time... but that's pure speculation.

If it is so common, why for the last week has there been only one for sale on ebay. (mine) I can't find any for sale in Denver anywhere.

Trust me, the book's not rare and I've got quite a few here. Early on in my EBay days, I was hoarding this run (sue me) and virtually every NM set I bought had #98 in it, and were in the proper grade or higher.

The problem is, if I sell them raw, it's not really worth the time and effort, and if I get them graded and they come back 9.4 to 9.6, it's really not worth my time and effort.

So they sit.

My LCS says the print runs on the late issues of New Mutants were low. Any truth to that.??

No.....New Mutants was one of the top 10 best selling Marvel titles at the time. They sold like hotcakes and are common as any early-90s X-title.

Jim

My LCS says the print runs on the late issues of New Mutants were low. Any truth to that.??

No.....New Mutants was one of the top 10 best selling Marvel titles at the time. They sold like hotcakes and are common as any early-90s X-title.

Jim

Yup...even I bought multiples of the early Liefeld issues! foreheadslap.gif

Jim

You bought Marvels? 893whatthe.gif

Jim

Jim

You bought Marvels? 893whatthe.gif

Jim

I bought all types of junk back in the day! foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, and in the lots I purchased, there would commonly be multiples of about 96-up, along with 3-5 copies of #100.

That last issue must have sold like mad. foreheadslap.gif

Yeah, and in the lots I purchased, there would commonly be multiples of about 96-up, along with 3-5 copies of #100.

That last issue must have sold like mad. foreheadslap.gif

I started with 86 but was down to one issue near the end. Didn't really take advantage of my 87 multiples, as I traded it for [!@#%^&^] that I no longer own. Too bad I still have way too many copies of 86! foreheadslap.gif

I can't believe we are having a serious debate on whether New Mutants #98 is a rare book. foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Does somebody have that CBG book that came out a year or so ago with all the circulation figures so we can end this insanity already?!!

Well guys being there are so many of them would any of you PM me about buying some NM ones off your hands. Thanks, joe

Please see previous reply:

"The problem is, if I sell them raw, it's not really worth the time and effort, and if I get them graded and they come back 9.4 to 9.6, it's really not worth my time and effort.

So they sit."

Joe C. That is amazing that I can not get anyone to sell me 1 copy of this supposedly worthless issue. . Also with 100,000 + comics for sale on ebay there is only 2 New Mutants 98 for sale in the entire USA. So what am I missing since people sell comics for 2 bucks on ebay even though that would be "considered a waste of time" based on your standards although you have a good argument. I will tell you the reason. In some parts the country they are scarce. In others some collectors may have a dozen.

Joe C. That is amazing that I can not get anyone to sell me 1 copy of this supposedly worthless issue. . Also with 100,000 + comics for sale on ebay there is only 2 New Mutants 98 for sale in the entire USA. So what am I missing since people sell comics for 2 bucks on ebay even though that would be "considered a waste of time" based on your standards although you have a good argument. I will tell you the reason. In some parts the country they are scarce. In others some collectors may have a dozen.

Or maybe collectors are hoarding them hoping against hope that one day Deadpool will be hot....... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Or most likely you aren't searching eBay very well....there have been 11 copies of the issue sold in the last two weeks.....and 4 copies (vs. the two you claim) currently up for bid.... foreheadslap.gif

Jim

Or maybe collectors are hoarding them hoping against hope that one day Deadpool will be hot....... :think

That's a part of it, but in my case, I really only sell comics that are "worth my time". I'm not starving and I'd rather keep my books than blow them off for $5 a piece.

My LCS says the print runs on the late issues of New Mutants were low. Any truth to that??

Capital City orders were 55,000 copies... Capital City was about 25% of the market,

so the print run is probably around 220,000 copies.