• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you get current comic book print run information?

11 posts in this topic

E.g., say I want to know how to find out how many issues of Amazing Spider-Man #680 were printed (or distributed via Diamond). Where do I find that info online?

I have a Comic Buyer's Guide catalog, but it is incomplete and not current... :baiting:

Note as well that the Diamond figure is probably going to be only 80-85% of the overall circulation. The drilldowns for Spider-Man, for example, include another 10,000 or so subscribers and an additional 10,000 or so copies sold on newsstands.

http://www.comichron.com/titlespotlights/amazingspiderman.html

Thanks for this info as well! I've been curious where everyone always quotes print run numbers from since I'd always heard they were well guarded secrets by the publishers.

Out of curiosity, I went to look at how many copies of Uncanny X-Force 4 there were, since it's always described as "low print run", thus the higher price. I was surprised to see it just as large (51k-ish) as the issues following it. Can anyone explain why that issue is so much more in demand then? I don't get it. (shrug)

Out of curiosity, I went to look at how many copies of Uncanny X-Force 4 there were, since it's always described as "low print run", thus the higher price. I was surprised to see it just as large (51k-ish) as the issues following it. Can anyone explain why that issue is so much more in demand then? I don't get it. (shrug)

Old rumor always beats recently-recognized fact.

I don't know about Uncanny X-Force.

As to Jungle Action, that is sadly one of the titles that falls between the statistical cracks, because I do not believe it lasted long enough to publish a Statement of Ownership. I've found most of Marvel's Statements, but I've never looked through that title. If anyone has a run of it, the places to look would be the letters pages of #14-16 and #20-22, which would be the 1974 and 1975 Statements respectively. There wouldn't be any data for 1973 (and #5) no matter what, because Marvel never ran a Statement in the 1970s for the first year of a title's sales.

My hunch would be it could be no more than 200,000 copies sold, and probably closer to 150,000. Those bimonthlies were bimonthly for a reason.