• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Bronze Romance Books
9 9

269 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, bronze johnny said:

Our Love Story 13 is one of the most difficult Marvel BA 25 centers to find in grade. Took me years to find one and you have a great copy!

Thanks! I spent quite a long time searching for a decent copy.

That DC 100 pager is pretty groovy!

17 hours ago, MisterX said:

Thanks! I spent quite a long time searching for a decent copy.

That DC 100 pager is pretty groovy!

Thanks! It's one of my favorite BA Romance books.

I added a nice stack to my romance book collection today. It is an area I have never really collected. The price on these was too good to pass up. 

Underated books in my opinion...The  Romita artwork is why ASM became so interesting after he took over drawing duties. He has mentioned that all that time in romance stories taught him how to draw two people talking look interesting.

image.jpeg

Edited by Darth Corgi

I've just been scanning some of my collection, so I'll be sharing some of my nicer DC Bronze books over the next few days. Nothing super high grade, but a lot of nice looking books in maybe the 6.0-8.0 range. 

Though this first one is lower grade. Still, it's such a striking cover, I had to scan it. (Also, I'm using Falling in Love #99 as the start of the Bronze Age for DC romance, though I know some would still consider this SA as a 12 cent cover)

Bqfd6WQ.jpg

Edited by Crimebuster

18 hours ago, Crimebuster said:

Love this cover, but... anyone else find that random sign advertising CUSTARD to be a little weird.

Anyway, great composition and colors here:

YOaIbSG.jpg

Thanks for posting. I've got a question concerning bigger books (size-wise) like this: Is it considered poor centering that the titles on left side are on the cover and not the side? I'm wrestling with finding a well centered copy of xmen #137 (a double the pages book like the one above) and I'm wondering about this.

22 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Thanks for posting. I've got a question concerning bigger books (size-wise) like this: Is it considered poor centering that the titles on left side are on the cover and not the side? I'm wrestling with finding a well centered copy of xmen #137 (a double the pages book like the one above) and I'm wondering about this.

I believe it depends on how they were made. This era of DC books printed that strip on the front cover, as they aren't actually squarebound. So it's totally fine. For squarebound books, though - which I believe includes X-Men #137 -  it should be on the spine rather than on the front. Getting one that's properly aligned may be difficult, though, thanks to production variances. Good luck with the search!

One of a few DC books from this period that hint at interracial romance without really showing it. Though, to be fair, DC covers in general seem to have a lot less kissing and actual romance than those from other companies. 

This is one of a couple books I've noticed where the guy is called by a Hispanic name.

nrudhS1.jpg