• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Price Variant Club
32 32

3,550 posts in this topic

It could be that it is a 35 variant of a sort since it has a UPC and a 35 cent Whitman Diamond. I don't think I have seen one like that before. Could be some sort of misprint and the UPC was added when it should'nt really be there. Anybody ever seen one like this before? juggle.gif

This is really interesting. In fact I have seen about 3 of these. All in the same place, which would be where we found 200+ 35 centers. This book is unique in that it......

1. Has a 35 cent cover price

2. Has 30 cents printed on the indica

3. Has a UPC

4. But the diamond logo through me off

Earl & I agreed that it must be another version of the reprint, but now I'm not so sure. This could be the reason why there was no regular 35 cent variant # 1 issues in that collection. The star wars #1 that I currently have is from Alabama.

Keep in mind that there was

3- #2

1 - #3

4 - #4

You guys don't really think it could be a variant do you??????????????????

HI; Jeff

That Star Wars #1 is very interesting I have been looking for a 30 cent one with the diamond price for a while now but I have about decided it doesn't exist 893scratchchin-thumb.gif has anyone on hear ever seen one? I have also never seen one with the UPC and the diamond price But I wouldn't mind having one hi.gif wheather it is a reprint or not.

Thanks Ed, I sent you a PM. I really appreciate everybody that has helped me with my 30 cent set. This club is very helpful and supportive. Let me take this opportunity to thank all those who have helped so far:

ShieldAgent

DarthDiesel

FT88

RIP

Fan4Fan

Realitytrip

Stronguy

klozd24seven

MGD5 on E-bay

Drummy

EarlShaw on E-bay

Tropicomics on E-bay

If I left someone out-thanks to you also! I only have 24 to go now and just in case here is my current want list:

Any condition will do at this point as long as the whole comic is there.

Adventures on the Planet of the Apes 6

Adventures on the Planet of the Apes 7

Chamber of Chills 22

Chamber of Chills 23

Kid Colt Outlaw 205

Kid Colt Outlaw 206

Kid Colt Outlaw 207

Kid Colt Outlaw 208

Kid Colt Outlaw 209

Marvel Tales 66

Rawhide Kid 134

Ringo Kid 27

Ringo Kid 28

Sergeant Fury 133

Sergeant Fury 134

Tomb of Darkness 20

Tomb of Darkness 21

Two-Gun Kid 129

Two-Gun Kid 130

Two-Gun Kid 131

Weird Wonder Tales 15

Weird Wonder Tales 16

X-men 99

X-men 100

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I still got one duplicate for you not listed in my for sale/trade thread----- acclaim.gif; You could be at 23.--

All you have to say is: takeit.gif

And to everyone else, Roger is a great guy, and a pleasure to deal with.

Best of luck to you in finding those hard & expensive ones.

Price Variant Club is great.......... yay.gif

Hello Guys,

I bought a 8k book collection early this summer and were working our way through it now. Found these in the marvels. We sent the x-men 98 and hulk 200 to CGC. They will all be for sale soon. I never was one for older back issues, my market area just doesn't justify the expenditure. So, I never learned to grade, foreheadslap.gif, but the wife is trying, she has been into the hobby longer than I....anyway, if you want scans, I will be glad to post them, it might take me a bit to get to them is all. I will put a list of the Magazines and the DC's that are done on my web site later this week. The collection ranges from the late 60's to the early 80's. Mostly Horror and war stories.

This collection is what brought me to CGC and these boards, I have benefited from the information that is presented here and feel it's a shame that it's not available to the hobby on a wider scale, and in a collected format. I believe it would promote the hobby and bring more people into it.

Thanks!

Don

Great Scott!!! 893whatthe.gif

If you are unsure how to properly grade these you can always send them to me. I will grade them and only keep the westerns as a consulting fee. thumbsup2.gif

Ok, on a serious note. You've got quite a few rare variants there. I would definately slab those westerns. You should get a really nice chunk of change when/if you decide to sell them.

Hello Guys,

I bought a 8k book collection early this summer and were working our way through it now. Found these in the marvels. We sent the x-men 98 and hulk 200 to CGC. They will all be for sale soon. I never was one for older back issues, my market area just doesn't justify the expenditure. So, I never learned to grade, foreheadslap.gif, but the wife is trying, she has been into the hobby longer than I....anyway, if you want scans, I will be glad to post them, it might take me a bit to get to them is all. I will put a list of the Magazines and the DC's that are done on my web site later this week. The collection ranges from the late 60's to the early 80's. Mostly Horror and war stories.

This collection is what brought me to CGC and these boards, I have benefited from the information that is presented here and feel it's a shame that it's not available to the hobby on a wider scale, and in a collected format. I believe it would promote the hobby and bring more people into it.

Thanks!

Don

HOLY CATS! You'll make several people's days on this board as you have books that are needed to fill people's sets. Which store is this located in? I'm on my way!

I wish I had instant cash walk into my life like that... cloud9.gif (not meant as a slight... I realize a lot of hard work went into the deal... but still... cloud9.gif)

I'm looking forward to seeing what else this collection holds! thumbsup2.gif

EDIT: Of course, if Donut gets there... Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

If I get all the ones I need from Don and a few deals I am working on go through-I would be right at 10 to go. There is at least one variant that all 4 of us need and several that 2 or 3 of us need but being the newest kid on the variant block and needing the most for a complete set it is only right that Carl, Harry and Jeremy get theirs first. This is truly a great day in Variantland! grin.gif

Yes, I'll need a pecking order of sorts. I don't intend to start a bidding war, I'll treat ya right. I'll see if I can get the wife to type up a list a put her grades in, and post it to my web site this weekend, we can go from there. We're not quite sure about the grades, the first batch I sent in came back great, maybe too good, and the second batch we got hammered on. So were in a quandry ATM, got a 3rd bunch of silver/gold in and a batch of moderns ready to mail Monday.