• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some CGC 9.4 books up on ebay.....

38 posts in this topic

Not sure what to think about that ASM 10 sale confused-smiley-013.gif About $1K down from the last 2 CGC graded books but still not a bad sale considering the rep of CGG.

Probably purchased by some good-for-nothing speculator who doesn't know the difference between CGG and CGC. 27_laughing.gifwink.gif

Not sure what to think about that ASM 10 sale confused-smiley-013.gif About $1K down from the last 2 CGC graded books but still not a bad sale considering the rep of CGG.

Probably purchased by some good-for-nothing speculator who doesn't know the difference between CGG and CGC. 27_laughing.gifwink.gif

Or....someone that knows the difference....and plans on re-submitting to CGC for a higher grade.

$1000 discount + resubmit for higher CGC grade = $$$$$

Or....someone that knows the difference....and plans on re-submitting to CGC for a higher grade.

I have to think that Andy would have resubmitted it himself if he had thought that the book would support a 9.6. That's a $6,000 difference in price for the .2 difference. I might resub it, but I want to see how the book looks in person first. If it's a 9.4 or better, it's going to Sarasota.

I have to think that Andy would have resubmitted it himself if he had thought that the book would support a 9.6. That's a $6,000 difference in price for the .2 difference. I might resub it, but I want to see how the book looks in person first. If it's a 9.4 or better, it's going to Sarasota.

foreheadslap.gif Didn't realize you were the high bidder.....

foreheadslap.gif Didn't realize you were the high bidder.....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Didn't realize you bought the book. Hope it works out for you 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If it's really an unrestored 9.4, daddy's very happy! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sounds like a great deal, but what if (perish the thought) CGG missed resto - assume the risk is all the buyers since it's slabbed?? i think taking some chances like this makes for an even more interesting hobby thumbsup2.gif

Didn't realize you bought the book. Hope it works out for you 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

If it's really an unrestored 9.4, daddy's very happy! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

sounds like a great deal, but what if (perish the thought) CGG missed resto - assume the risk is all the buyers since it's slabbed?? i think taking some chances like this makes for an even more interesting hobby thumbsup2.gif

I emailed with Andy before bidding and am satisfied that the book probably isn't restored. If it winds up being restored, then I overpaid greatly and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.