• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Emerald City Comic Con Sales Thread - CLOSED!

77 posts in this topic

so is there going to be a difference between this version & the SDCC version...and why is this considered a pre-release...is it going to be offered in stores? Is there any numbering/code that differentiates this from other copies that will appear.

Sorry Dre. I deleted my comment on the WD book when I remembered I was in your sales thread. BTW, I missed that LM book (sure is pretty). :cry:

Didn't even see the post.

Here's the story on the WD hardcover. I've known about it for a few weeks and was sworn to secrecy, as I am on many things.

33 copies were sold outright at the opening Friday morning one per person and sold in minutes. Some shenagins enabled a couple of people to grab multiple copies so they decided to raffle the opportunity Saturday and Sunday, 33 each day.

To be clear these books and the remaining 900 copies are only available through Skybound Image booth. All the remaining 900 copies are for SDCC. All those will sell out as well there.

Here's the story on the WD hardcover. I've known about it for a few weeks and was sworn to secrecy, as I am on many things.

33 copies were sold outright at the opening Friday morning one per person and sold in minutes. Some shenagins enabled a couple of people to grab multiple copies so they decided to raffle the opportunity Saturday and Sunday, 33 each day.

To be clear these books and the remaining 900 copies are only available through Skybound Image booth. All the remaining 900 copies are for SDCC. All those will sell out as well there.

So this is just the first 100 of a run of a 1,000 copies? Am I reading that right?

I ask because some of the auctions I've are making it sound like it was limited to 100 copies.

So this is just the first 100 of a run of a 1,000 copies? Am I reading that right?

I ask because some of the auctions I've are making it sound like it was limited to 100 copies.

Yes, I believe the original bleedingcool article said 100 copies. But, it looks like there will be 1000 in total. All the rest will be at SDCC.

I don't recall where I read about it, but I thought I heard that they could only make 100 for the con and then SDCC will have the other 900 available, but with a different front cover? (shrug)

Did they ever find the Alice in Wonderland variants?

Does anyone know the answer? They were not available Friday when I ran to the freaking table to get in line. I swear the people running this show are always a joke.

The guy in charge of the booth was not ready for the doors to open, his table was totally empty. After about 20 minutes, he had a line of about 50 people waiting for the Alice variants. And he had no idea where they were!!!

It was the same table E. Bass was working, people were giving him bottles of booze and he was trying to draw sweet butts, but the line was all stacked up blocking him with people looking for Alice Variants. It was kind of hilarious.

Oh Seattle con, why are you so lame????

Actually was a great buying show for me this year, so I should not complain, but I really wanted the Alice naughty variant.

Does anyone know the answer? They were not available Friday when I ran to the freaking table to get in line. I swear the people running this show are always a joke.

The guy in charge of the booth was not ready for the doors to open, his table was totally empty. After about 20 minutes, he had a line of about 50 people waiting for the Alice variants. And he had no idea where they were!!!

It was the same table E. Bass was working, people were giving him bottles of booze and he was trying to draw sweet butts, but the line was all stacked up blocking him with people looking for Alice Variants. It was kind of hilarious.

Actually was a great buying show for me this year, so I should not complain, but I really wanted the Alice naughty variant.

People were just standing there not doing anything. I wanted an Ebas sketch but by the time I got to the booth and noticed his bloodshot eyes and the prices on the variants - I left. I did pick up a few books but Alice wasn't one of them. Wish I would have gotten a couple if they're going for that much on feebay.

People were just standing there not doing anything. I wanted an Ebas sketch but by the time I got to the booth and noticed his bloodshot eyes and the prices on the variants - I left. I did pick up a few books but Alice wasn't one of them. Wish I would have gotten a couple if they're going for that much on feebay.

Here's the story on the Grimm Fairy Tales book -

I have a standing order coming in from Zenescope sometime this week. As you all know I usually pick up books at the show but since there were too many shenigans at the booth I decided to only pick up 4 copies of the GFT 70 & and 4 copies of the Jungle 1 exclusive. All 8 were signed and subbed for sig series.

There were only 20 copies sent to the show of Alice 4 limited to 500 and since I was first in line Saturday morning I grabbed only 1 copy and also had that signed and subbed for sig series.

NO ONE has the ALICE 4 (250) Pasties cover - it just arrived this morning from the printer at Zenescope. The guy selling on eBay doesn't have it as well and is just pre-selling from his order. (I love how he calls it MINT when he doesn't have it! lol ).

I would advise anyone looking for the 250 cover to not go crazy and buy it at some ridicolous $$$ amount until the dealers like myself actually physically have them. It sucks that all this actually inflated the price now.

I'm trying to secure a few more to cover my regular customers here since I was physically at the show trying to buy them and had to personally put up with all the BS as well.

I'm trying to secure a few more to cover my regular customers here since I was physically at the show trying to buy them and had to personally put up with all the BS as well.

Ok, in my best Artie Lange voice..."WAAH, I get to go through the books first, WAAH!!!"

Love ya!