• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 CGC Registry Set Awards

428 posts in this topic

Doesn't he have to be #1 to get a major award? ;)
His presentation alone puts him in class with mshmidt, Raphael or Peter Palmer. That award should be locked down, if not Best Modern (if he doesn't split his own votes). hm

Well earned in my opinion anyway. :applause:

Doug, PM'd you a question on Facebook. ;)

Haven't looked at any of the other sets yet. I agree, the more effort Doug put in (basically showing in his #1 set in type status) helps him stand a little better than the others. All Doug needs is a brilliant set intro and it should be a definite slam dunk if any others come into more of a serious competition. Keep it personal (I gave one long Kevin Costner speech on collecting last year lol ) and pique the set visitor's and judge's interest. He's gotta stand out a little more, without having the need to add more pictures. If he has to, you don't have to add back cover pics in the obverse slot. You can use other kinds of stuff like preview books, other graded Kirkman books, OA, toys, watches, lunchboxes and other merchandise you own. That makes for nice little Easter Eggs. I'll check out the other set holder's sets a little later.

Just a very tight race that looks like it will come down to the wire. I've contributed a few books to the majority of the WD sets so I like to keep tabs.

Doug has an awesome set to be sure. I was just curious if it had to be ranked #1 to get a best set. If it does then we are still in wait and see mode. ;)

I was just curious if it had to be ranked #1 to get a best set. If it does then we are still in wait and see mode. ;)
I have to say I'm not sure about that question. In my immediate opinion, no because technically someone has a better set than you already. My 2c (and not a proven fact lol ).

He could be #6 and still win "Best Presented" if he put the maximum effort in. I stand by that from what I have seen. (thumbs u