• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger Club

313 posts in this topic

I've read some lousy reviews of Danger Club which I frankly do not understand. I thought it was a very cool comic with good art and a neat story. I got lucky and was able to piece together a small stack. Like many others, I read the solicitation in previews and passed. I will be very interested in seeing how many other people also passed on this book because of the solicitation in previews. I don't know that it will have a print run as small as Peter Panzerfaust or No Place Like Home, but I don't anticipate there being more than 8K copies of this book floating around. The other interesting thing is that it was sold out at the distributer level weeks before it hit the shelves.

yeah, wish i could find the ashcan....seems scarce (i think JJ is hoarding them in his cellar).....haven't seen any poor reviews, guess i need to look harder....only review i care about is my own (followed closely by brangets).

can you post a link to a bad review, last 2 i looked at were 4/5 and 4.5/5. Not to say there aren't any, i've seen a couple 3/5 also. Would like to see someone (review) saying it's horrible

...The other interesting thing is that it was sold out at the distributer level weeks before it hit the shelves.

The majority of ALL 'new' talent Image books will sell out at the distributor level before they hit the shelves. The print run is based on what the shops pre-order.

That's what Image tells them. Don't waste your money on printing extras in case it fails. Print what the shops order, they will sell out of it, and see it as a successful book.

When someone says about these books that they "sold out at the distributer level weeks before it hit the shelves", it doesn't mean a dang thing other than they printed what was ORDERED.

...The other interesting thing is that it was sold out at the distributer level weeks before it hit the shelves.

The majority of ALL 'new' talent Image books will sell out at the distributor level before they hit the shelves. The print run is based on what the shops pre-order.

That's what Image tells them. Don't waste your money on printing extras in case it fails. Print what the shops order, they will sell out of it, and see it as a successful book.

When someone says about these books that they "sold out at the distributer level weeks before it hit the shelves", it doesn't mean a dang thing other than they printed what was ORDERED.

My recollection was that a number of the recent Image #1's didn't sell out until the week they were released? Am I incorrect about that?

so if all the Super Heroes are 'gone'...then what happened to all the Super Villains....Kid Vigilante better get used to his face getting beat to mush.

I think we'll see a Super Hero return ahead of whatever nasty stuff is headed earth's way...maybe one that's not as powerful as the rest.

Would like to see some backstory concerning the sidekicks better halfs that died.