• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger Club

313 posts in this topic

If the second issue is as good as the first issue I think it'll be a great series. The only thing that has me worried is that the plot borrowed so much from Frank Miller's Dark Knight it toed the line between homage and plagerism. I also hope they get someone to help them with publicity. The reason the print run is going to be small is that the solicitation in Previews was lousy. When I read the first issue I was like "is this a different book than the one they advertised.". I think a lot of people were expecting Teen Titans or Young Justice and what we got was awesome. The nod to Dark Knight was very well done, the characters are cool, the art is really good, the color is great and the writing was better than the art. I'll be reading this book for the next year and probably as long as they print it. I new the writer and artist had talent but I was pleasantly surprised with how well the first issue was put together. It was probably my favorite book this month and that says a lot with the number of quality books on the shelves.

Found the names of the Heroes that went missing from a review of the ashcan a few months ago:

Captain Quantum

The Asgardian

Johnny Perilous

Neutrona

The Almighty Zeus

Apokalyptika

Mr. Everywhere

Red Vengeance

it was also apparently going to be a six issue series. Doubt that's the case now.

I think it's a bit too soon to assume it will become an ongoing. If anything, it might run as a six-issue mini...and then later evolve into another mini or an ongoing.

seems like most all the supposed minis from image are turning into monthlys...Peter Panzerfaust was going to be a mini also. If the desire by readers to buy it is there they'd be crazy not to. Guess we'll see.

Here's a couple guys doing a video review of it.

D Club Review

Just noticed that Invincible 89 had a preview of Danger Club.

I'm rarely wrong about a hit, and I think this book is going to be a smash hit. The first issue was a big surprise for me. I imagine that lots of comic shops didn't order it in big numbers with Avengers v. X-Men, America's Got Powers, Secret, Saga, Thief of Thieves, Fatale, Peter Panzerfaust, Manhattan Projects and the Court of Owls cross over all going on now. Plus the solicitation for Danger Club was so bad I didn't even pre-order it and I usually pick up 5 copies of Image 1's that I don't think will hard at 10+ copies of image 1's I think will be hits. Note that I've since ordered 15 copies from the secondary market (I got lucky and was able to grab 1 copy from my LCS which ordered 40 copies of Fatale 1), but lord knows how many I'll actually receive. I'm very interested in learning what the print run was on this book. I will be shocked if its over 8K. Does anyone know where to buy original art?