• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Danger Club

313 posts in this topic

Just read the second issue. Really liked the art and had some cool fights going on. As far as story goes it gave the reader a few little tidbits but it seems like we are still left in the dark on a lot of things. Looking forward to #3.

If this title doesn't become an ongoing series and/or if an ongoing series isn't launched after this mini series concludes, I am going to be really disappointed. This is an excellent book. Issue #2 was too short. I can't wait for issue #3. I enjoyed issue #2 but as Tuff Ghost said "we are still left in the dark on a lot of things." I also enjoy the art but there is a solid story that is building and I can't wait to see where this book goes next. If this book gets green lit for an ongoing series, I am confident that it will be the surprise hit of the most recent wave of awesome Image books. I enjoyed Danger Club more than any of the other recent Image titles (except for Saga) and I believe that Image has put some phenomenal books out in the last three to six months. I want more Danger Club!

Agreed on all counts.

This one was less instantly gratifying (the first issue would have done well as a fun one-shot in many ways), but this one certainly advanced the plot a bit, and raised some interesting questions. Looking forward to issue 3.

One thing that I find a bit confusing (and not sure if it's just me, and I'm missing the obvious). The girl that drives Robot 9...is she normal size (and the robot is very big), or is she super-tiny (and the robot is big, but not that much bigger than a person)...? Sometimes the perspective in these scenes throws me a bit. I'm thinking she's probably smallish (but still normal), and the robot is maybe 2x or 3x the size of a person...?

One thing that I find a bit confusing (and not sure if it's just me, and I'm missing the obvious). The girl that drives Robot 9...is she normal size (and the robot is very big), or is she super-tiny (and the robot is big, but not that much bigger than a person)...? Sometimes the perspective in these scenes throws me a bit. I'm thinking she's probably smallish (but still normal), and the robot is maybe 2x or 3x the size of a person...?

I think that's right.

I was actually scared that the second issue would disappoint because the first issue was so good.

ok, that's what I thought too. And this seems to make sense. I took a closer look at issue 1, and the briefcase with the knuckles is quite large for her, but very small for KV. And...the robot looks considerably larger than the other sidekicks in the batlle scene. So I think she is a "micro-person".

ok, that's what I thought too. And this seems to make sense. I took a closer look at issue 1, and the briefcase with the knuckles is quite large for her, but very small for KV. And...the robot looks considerably larger than the other sidekicks in the batlle scene. So I think she is a "micro-person".

they need a shot of her sitting on someone's shoulder or something.

really nice cover btw...i like the colors....wish there was a con where they were going to be to get some SS done.

Image announced the following on its website: "selling out on its Wednesday release date this week was the second issue of the Teen Titans-meets-The Lord of the Flies series DANGER CLUB by Landry Q. Walker and Eric Jones (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Supergirl: Cosmic Adventures in the 8th Grade) that MTV Geek calls " a relentless and unique take on the 'teen superhero team' genre." continuing its strong performance after a critically-acclaimed first issue that also sold out and received a second printing. Its second printing (APR128085) will be in stores on June 13."