• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your internment camp-coded okajima books

107 posts in this topic

vaillant---ever see the magnificent seven? mcqueen: "mister, we deal in lead."

Oh, yes, several times (dubbed, of course), I used to love it. :)

I don’t recall that dialogue, of course I should see how it was in italian.

well, mister, we boardies deal in suppositions---they make for great threads.

Hmm… They are two different matters: one may have fun out of suppositions, but I think sfcityduck was trying to know the facts. I enjoy the talk, but it would be good to know effectively how and where the pedigrees stories have been collected and how much they are historically safe, especially this.

I sold this book last year, but since I've seen someone else in this thread post a book that they've sold, I suppose it's ok to do the same (my apologies to the current owner if this somehow upsets them). For the record, I don't know who wrote on the cover.

zip46okajima.jpg

I WILL point out that this copy of Zip 46 is cover dated the same month and year as the Marvel Mystery 55 and that it is "coded" with the exact same "arrival date" and "additional code". For whatever that's worth (shrug)

this is my book no longer, as a boardie bought it last year. but i just realized i still had it in the 'bucket, and in the interest of getting as many camp-coded books shown as possible....

shadowokajima.jpg

I certainly know of others Billy-boy. Fishler has a later More Fun for $399 with the "camp code". I don't feel comfortable posting a scan of it, but maybe they'd grant YOU permission.

this is my book no longer, as a boardie bought it last year. but i just realized i still had it in the 'bucket, and in the interest of getting as many camp-coded books shown as possible....

shadowokajima.jpg

I certainly know of others Billy-boy. Fishler has a later More Fun for $399 with the "camp code". I don't feel comfortable posting a scan of it, but maybe they'd grant YOU permission.

there are a ton of them on mattie's pedigree site; i just figured since i once owned the shadow, there was enuff of a connection to post it. everybody is invited to check the link below to see just how many camp-coded books are availble to ogle.

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/gallery.php?pedigree_menu=37

shadowokajima.jpg

there are a ton of them on mattie's pedigree site; i just figured since i once owned the shadow, there was enuff of a connection to post it. everybody is invited to check the link below to see just how many camp-coded books are availble to ogle.

http://www.comicbookpedigrees.com/gallery.php?pedigree_menu=37

Tons of great stuff (thumbs u

two zips from last nite flipped up together.

I bid on both and lost out. I sold both of them last year in Chicago. Both were lower grades then and both look better now. To show you how much I don't care about a book getting pressed and grade raised, I'd have loved to have had both of them back in my comic box :headbang:

I can see the book as a 7.5 - maybe. Look at the ugly bottom right corner, bottom spine small piece out, and both staples rub/wear. Plus the book has a bit of a roll/tilt. But an 8.5? Nope.

If it "looks better" now then we can presume a CPR + yet another case of soft-grading = pass.

I can see the book as a 7.5 - maybe. Look at the ugly bottom right corner, bottom spine small piece out, and both staples rub/wear. Plus the book has a bit of a roll/tilt. But an 8.5? Nope.

If it "looks better" now then we can presume a CPR + yet another case of soft-grading = pass.

It's a weak 8.5 for sure, but it's still a great looking book.