• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who wants a Spidey #3 CGC /???

14 posts in this topic

Rick, at the climax of the CGC graded comic induced sickness (very similar in nature to record depth scuba divers experiencing "Rapture of the Deep", forgetting they're underwater as well as which way is UP) about 1 and 1/2 years ago, this CGC graded 3.0 Spiderman #3 wouldn't have lasted more than 10 seconds on Ebay with a $1000 BIN!!!!

A G/VG Spidey 3 at $1,000 is nearly 4x guide, I don't ever remember low grade books going for that premium.

Here are the recent low-mid grade DD 1 sales on ebay:

FN $825 (nearly double guide)

FN $726

VG+ $450 (about 1.5x guide)

VG/FN $500 (about guide)

DOUBLE guide for a FN??? I thought nothing in the lower ranges, low to mid-grade went at guide in Silver age and already there's a contradiction? There were numerous examples of crazy multiples of guide for ALL ranges of CGC slabbed books on the ultra-hot Spiderman title about 1.5 years ago at the height of the hype.

Ok, to be specific, the fines went for 73% and 52% over guide, the VG+ went for 14% over guide, and the VG/F went for about guide. My comment was that low-mid grades never went for a big CGC-premium, and that's true. These DD's are going for a "movie" premium moreso than a CGC-premium.

Here are all Heritage's low-mid grade Spidey #1 sales:

FN $2,385 (below guide)

VG+ $1,840 (around guide)

VG- $1,150 (below guide)

FN- $2,473 (around guide)

GD+ $1,035 (slightly above guide)

GD+ $891 (below guide)

FN $2,530 (slightly above guide)

GD+ $1,265 (30% above guide)

FR $380 (below guide)

Draw your own conclusions...

Sayyyyyyy...just what kind of Doctor are you, Doctor???? I was just kidding. I just wanted to see some stats on the CGC mid to low grade books in relation to that stupid $500 BIN on that POS Spiderman 3, didn't want to do the research myself (I'm tired, still up from THURSDAY night and ready to "plotz" at any minute), and was hoping I could get someone to do it for me!!! laugh.gif Thank you Doc. Your figures are on the money and as the saying goes, you're quite an "operator"!!!!

"I won this in a poker game" = Translation = I picked the watch off a guy in Vegas when he too loaded from the free drinks! blush.gif

Actually cgc grades their silver Marvels cgc 3.0 - 4.0 very tight. Also depends on the serial # & if the bk was graded during their ultra-tight early period. Collectors on a budget enjoy buying cgc 3.0 - 4.0 bks b/c the resto check has been professionally done.