• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Begins vs Dark Knight vs Dark Knight rises

53 posts in this topic

As to Christian Bale as an actor, sure he "won" and Oscar, but he's not a great Batman.. doh!

let me ask you this then: who is a better batman...ill take bale's batman over any of the original 3 movie batmans

duh!

batman-tv-west-06-g.jpg

As to Christian Bale as an actor, sure he "won" and Oscar, but he's not a great Batman.. doh!

let me ask you this then: who is a better batman...ill take bale's batman over any of the original 3 movie batmans

duh!

batman-tv-west-06-g.jpg

lol touche you win this round....i can just see him singing the song and yelling batman in this picture

Let me add fuel to the fire for this movie. It cost $250M to make and mega $$ to promote even if it grosses $350 it will be a bust profitwise aka John Carter.

I think it will need $500-600M to be sucessfull.

Unless they are just reinvesting the profits and don't care about $$ made.

ever heard of the rest of the world? $700mm worldwide. the movie you should be focused on is Spider-man after that steaming pile of turd they dropped on us the last time.

Let me add fuel to the fire for this movie. It cost $250M to make and mega $$ to promote even if it grosses $350 it will be a bust profitwise aka John Carter.

ever heard of the rest of the world? $700mm worldwide. the movie you should be focused on is Spider-man after that steaming pile of turd they dropped on us the last time.

yea definitely will avoid spiderman....

images.jpg

As far as the recent live action movie Batman's, I'm with you on Bale.

Can't agree with anyone on the Joker. Ledger's portrayal of some character they called the Joker in that film totally pulled me out of the experience.

This movie will N E V E R make $700M. Normal split is 60/40 on US movies. The first Batman was 55 44. I see this one making a little more that the first. The Ledger hype also drove the worldwide audience. DKR has no hype, not a lot of great trailers, a B villian, and who knows if the -script will hold up. After going to the moon on DK the next one comes back to earth. There are not enough fanboys to keep up with even 40% of DKR.

I would also guess Avengers will outpace DKR by at least 20% more $$$$

This movie will N E V E R make $700M. Normal split is 60/40 on US movies. The first Batman was 55 44. I see this one making a little more that the first. The Ledger hype also drove the worldwide audience. DKR has no hype, not a lot of great trailers, a B villian, and who knows if the -script will hold up. After going to the moon on DK the next one comes back to earth. There are not enough fanboys to keep up with even 40% of DKR.

$ where your mouth is? this will blow past $400mm so quickly the webs will be cleared out of your head

I don't know about the estimates other people in this thread were making, but my estimate was for US domestic gross only. So double the US domestic gross to $700 million total worldwide, because this kind of action movie plays very well overseas, and I think the producers will be very happy with the results.

$ where your mouth is? this will blow past $400mm so quickly the webs will be cleared out of your head

When people write something so dumb is it even worth a reply ?

Just a side note -

I think Christian Bale is decent, but very replaceable as Batman. But Heath Ledger ruined the role of Joker for everyone else. He was perfection. His masterpiece he left behind just before he died.

+1

Personally I don't think you will ever see the Joker on film again,no one can top the persona Heath Leger extraordinarily did.He made you really believe he was twisted maniac,no question in my mind the best performance of any character in a superhero movie.

It will happen...no worries there. No one thought Nicholson could be beat, and it happened. Such is life.

images.jpg

Can't agree with anyone on the Joker. Ledger's portrayal of some character they called the Joker in that film totally pulled me out of the experience.

conroy for batmans voice is amazing and i would agree hes the best on just hearing him. but if were using him i would also like to argue that hamill is the best joker.

images.jpg

conroy for batmans voice is amazing and i would agree hes the best on just hearing him. but if were using him i would also like to argue that hamill is the best joker.

Very happy when they used both for the Arkham Asylum/City games.

No matter if the movie makes $500 million or it makes $5.00. None of us here is getting any of it.

As far as what's going to happen after DKR. I'm sure they will make other by another director. I've read rumors or Ryan Reynolds as Batman. I hope they don't go back and do another origin film. I remember people praising how great Jack Nicholson was in the 89 Batman, of course Health Ledger topped that. There was alot of hate/concern when it was announced that Ledger would be playing the Joker. The Avenger could make as much if not more than DKR simply because people have never seen an Avengers movie before and we've all seen a Batman movie before...we'll not everyone.

Nolan is no journeyman director, and will at the very least attempt to surprise audiences with the audacious storytelling we witnessed in DK. Granted The Joker is such a charismatic villain and was an automatic draw for the last film, but don't write off this installment as commercially inferior just yet, as it is likely to close out the franchise, at least for a while.

Nolan is no journeyman director, and will at the very least attempt to surprise audiences with the audacious storytelling we witnessed in DK. Granted The Joker is such a charismatic villain and was an automatic draw for the last film, but don't write off this installment as commercially inferior just yet, as it is likely to close out the franchise, at least for a while.

+1

It's not like DKR will be Blade:Trinity.