• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You guys are probably tired of me...

22 posts in this topic

I'm getting anxious to start collecting SOMETHING. Perhaps that is clouding my judgment.

Instead of trying to get a whole run all at once you should just focus on a decent story-arch. With the way people are writing comics right now you can get some pretty decent stories in 10-12 issues. Then, if you like it, you can start to backfill from there. This is how I got started o'so many years ago. Now I have complete runs of most of the major Marvel titles. It just takes time.

BTW, PM me your mailing address and I'll send you that Spawn #1 (and a couple of others).

Yea, he's right. Take your time.

The quicker you try to round these up the more likely you are to over pay.

I would educate myself first about the hobby. Make that your #1 Priority!

And unfortunately there are so many dealers out there just waiting for a sucker...

It's just like someone that wants to learn how to play poker

everybody wants to teach you to play while raking you over the coals.

So save yourself alot of grief my friend and Do your homework! grin.gif

So save yourself alot of grief my friend and Do your homework! grin.gif

I agree, and part of your homework should teach you that you won't get the moon for a dollar (i.e., you won't be able to feed the collector, the completist, and the perfectionist in yourself cheaply), and that speculation can be a losing game.

Best of luck to you! These boards will definitely be a great source of information and people who can relate to your experiences, thoughts, and feelings (not to mention being a great source of envy when people post scans of some of their books from time to time! smile.gif).