• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beachbum Comics CGC 9.8 Modern Subscription Service Update 8/20 - Bump PMs!

220 posts in this topic

NO NEW IMAGE ORDERS

I don't have the time to sort out what's going on in the what's heating up threads, I got slammed with Saga orders, now Peter Panzerfaust.

I feel like some people may be taking advantage of my price point and good nature.

After seeing what happened with Peter Panzerfaust #9 this week I'm done with Image books for now.

All existing Image subscriptions will continue to be filled so my longtime subscribers need not fret, I am just no longer taking any new subscriptions for Image titles.

If I see any of the new subscribers who got in before the stoppage flipping their books I will cancel their subscriptions.

Glad to see you protecting your business DRE. I was going to make a suggestion, just an idea. Instead of blocking Image titles completely, maybe up the minimum purchase requirement to 12 from 3 on Image?

There are definitely lots of Image books that aren't hot, that people might want to collect, and your service is excellent.

For public disclosure, I have 5 or 6 subs with dre, and highly recommend him.

NO NEW IMAGE ORDERS

I don't have the time to sort out what's going on in the what's heating up threads, I got slammed with Saga orders, now Peter Panzerfaust.

I feel like some people may be taking advantage of my price point and good nature.

After seeing what happened with Peter Panzerfaust #9 this week I'm done with Image books for now.

All existing Image subscriptions will continue to be filled so my longtime subscribers need not fret, I am just no longer taking any new subscriptions for Image titles.

If I see any of the new subscribers who got in before the stoppage flipping their books I will cancel their subscriptions.

Dre. I'm sorry it has come down to this. I'm glad that I got in my subscription for saga before you decided to stop. I'm trying to build a saga run for my personal collection and I'm grateful that you even provide this service. Sad that speculators ruined it not just for you but for future subscribers who are honestly trying to build their sets.

:applause:

Great call Dre. As someone already stated, you provide an excellent service for collectors. Don't let the minority ruin it for all.

If the speculators want to earn their fortunes, let 'em work for it themselves.

Looking forward to seeing you next week in London. Catch me at the bar on Saturday night and there will be a beer or three for you (thumbs u

Gentlemen,

Take what is happening to Dre, & apply it to the 1,900 comic book shops.

I see folks on this board person_without_enough_empathy up a storm when they are limited locally.

Remember, the LCS has to service fans who are honestly trying to simply read a series.

:)

:applause:

Great call Dre. As someone already stated, you provide an excellent service for collectors. Don't let the minority ruin it for all.

If the speculators want to earn their fortunes, let 'em work for it themselves.

Looking forward to seeing you next week in London. Catch me at the bar on Saturday night and there will be a beer or three for you (thumbs u

There's always digital.

Guys, quick questions, given that Dre has not replied to my PM that I sent him some weeks ago.

What's the price of this service, shipping included?

How long does it take to get a comic book, from the date of its official release?

Thanks!

Guys, quick questions, given that Dre has not replied to my PM that I sent him some weeks ago.

What's the price of this service, shipping included?

How long does it take to get a comic book, from the date of its official release?

Thanks!

I got slammed last month with a lot of new requests. If we were in the middle of a conversation or I never replied to a new one bump the PM thread. So many people were asking for the same titles so things kinda "blended" together.

This SUCKS. I am not happy about this at all. I know I put a request in and was told I will sort you out and told when it would start and thats it I was just left hanging. All I wanted was Saga. There is no flipping with me. Believe me, this is not a slam and I can respect a man that says enough is enough. He has a great service. I'm just disappointed.

I wanted a Saga sub too and for some reason I hesitated. I love the series and having a run in 9.8 was simply a collecting goal, not a financial one.

Course it looks like my pause has cost me that opportunity but I can't blame Beachbum for his decision. Then again, I would never do what he does. It has to be frustrating and overwhelming at times.

This SUCKS. I am not happy about this at all. I know I put a request in and was told I will sort you out and told when it would start and thats it I was just left hanging. All I wanted was Saga. There is no flipping with me. Believe me, this is not a slam and I can respect a man that says enough is enough. He has a great service. I'm just disappointed.

I already have you on my list since late January. You're okay.

I just hadn't gotten around to billing you the first three issues.

This might be a stupid question, but for people who are already subscribers and prove after a decent period of time that they aren't flipping would they be allowed to add an image title down the line? Or just hard cut off on that as well?

I'm sure it's the latter but wanted to make sure.

NO NEW IMAGE ORDERS

:shy: This sucks, but hey, seems to be necessary roughness... :ohnoez: