• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Sets & TPB's for $1; $0.10 - $0.25 singles; full recap on pg 36 (3rd post)

378 posts in this topic

The Punisher

1,4,5,8-18; Annual 1 I actually really liked this series... I kept trying to drop hit (hence the holes), but I kept wanting to read it. I finally dropped it when it crossed over with Dark Wolverine or something that I didn't want to buy. Franken-castle story was actually really cool, I thought...

#'s1 and 5 are some sort of Variant apparently...

$3

Photobucket

Captain America

1-20 (One of my favorite Cap runs... I still want to know what happens to the shield after issue 20. I was working at Annabelle's in the Valley Hills Mall in Hickory when these came out. At that point the comic store, Amazing Heroes, was in the mall next to the arcade. Whenever I'd get a break (or get off work) I'd go down there and pick up some books. I think I was reading PAD's Supergirl at the same time and maybe that Mackie Spidey reboot? Hmm... anyway... this is Waid and Cap both at their best)

$10 SOLD

Photobucket

Green Wake

1(x2)-10 (Bought this b/c I liked Riley's art from Proof and CNV... ended up liking Weibe's writing enough to check out Peter Panzerfaust and Grim Reaper (soon)... cool series that got cut short; I think they managed to wrap up everything nicely tho. Not a particularly easy read, but good... slow and moody... )

$4

Photobucket

Gold Key / Dark Horse lot

Not quite complete, but I believe each run is only missing 1 or 2 from the end. I thought these stories were fine, but I really didn't like the art at all. Especially not when compared to the sweet covers. It really sucks that DH got these licenses instead of the new VALIANT only to chop all these series so soon. C'est la Vie
  • Solar: 1-7
  • Magnus: 1-4
  • Turok: 1-4
  • Might Samson: 1 (signed by Shooter), 2

$8 SOLD

Photobucket

Jack ofF ables1-50

That storyline must have REALLY changed since I read this title last :blush:
Oops... that must have been a typo... I would never imply that Willingham & Co were just wanking off with a 2nd book for no good reason.

Dark Reign: The List

This is all of them except for the Daredevil one... I was going to keep the Punisher as well b/c it's awesome to see Daken chop him up, but since Frankencastle is in the sale... actually, maybe I should have put that book with the other lot. But I didn't.

$3

Photobucket

Hellshock

vol. 1 1-4 (really liked this in high school... partially, again, b/c of this girl who also liked it... read it again recently and still liked it...)vol. 2 1-2 (... liked it enough to buy these off... somewhere... these are good too, but in a totally different way. Not sure how many issues there are to this series...)

$1 SOLD

Photobucket

The Last of the Greats

1-5 (I read this b/c I liked Fialkov from Punks and Elk's Run... the art threw me at first, but I got used to it. Mostly. Pretty cool story, but maybe just a little too cartoony to me. Also... doggy-style.)

$1 SOLD

Photobucket

Proof: Endangered

1-5 (I really thought Proof was one of the best things from the 2000's... I thought this follow up was really excellent as well... pretty good payoff. Only problem with this set is that the #3 basically has no back cover. It's there, but ripped like 85% of the way. Got it from DCBS this way... sucks. But the story is still intact...)

$1 SOLD

Photobucket