• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

signed spiderman #1 todd mcfarlane i dont know if its real or not
1 1

27 posts in this topic

i was at a Half price book store and they had books in a case that were signed by people for 10 bucks . i seen a Silver Surfer #1 Vol2 i didnt see a signature but i still got it cause i liked the cover and later that day i opened it to see if it was inside and on the first page it on the bottom Stan Lee signed it i thought it was pretty cool i dont have a picture of if at the moment but does a signature inside ruin the value of his signature?

Signatures inside do not ruin the value of the signature. I think some signatures are better on the interior because they look like a scribble - I'm talking about you Chris Claremont :devil:

It's real. The prices start around $18-20 on eBay and go upwards of $40-60 if you have the COA that originally came with them.

By "COA" I mean the xeroxed sheet that said it was signed by McFarlane.

I have this one in a different version. It's the same exact signature in the same exact spot. Mine has the stamp on the back as well.

At first I thought it was a fake because his later signatures don't look anything like this, but it's real. Is yours graded? That helps to. I got mine at a 9.8.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 10:10 PM, eastcoaster said:

Looks very real to me. I bought the same signed comic back in the day and just saw some more.

Nowdays he really spells his now out but some parts of the signature look tbe same.

+1. Yes. Earlier sig. A little different from what most are used to seeing, but consistent with his signature rom that period, and not too unlike his more recent ones of the past 5-10 years.

14 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

+1. Yes. Earlier sig. A little different from what most are used to seeing, but consistent with his signature rom that period, and not too unlike his more recent ones of the past 5-10 years.

I see even with the signing event happening now that he doesn't always spell out Todd and it looks similar to his older sig. The spider stamp on the back is an extra confirmation.

Edited by eastcoaster