Another Batman 1 on Ebay with 0 feedback seller?? Oooyy! Could this be real?

15 posts in this topic

Either Batman 1 is today's con-artist / scammer weapon of mass robbery, or this one is the real deal? (shrug)

Batman 1 on Ebay?

I called the number on the screen, but no reply... hm

[font:Book Antiqua]A fool and his money...[/font]

:popcorn:

I think this is a board member/former board member and might be legit?...I recognize the Vegas connection to a restored batman, but I can't recall details...... I think hm

tread with caution but maybe

You would think a board member would be smart enough not to list a 5-figure book under an eBay ID with zero feedback.

You would think a board member would be smart enough not to list a 5-figure book under an eBay ID with zero feedback.
just something about the book reminds me of reading about it on the boards...I could be wrong though

just something about the book reminds me of reading about it on the boards...I could be wrong though

:o

You might be right. But ebay zero feedback could have also stolen the scan from these boards.

You might be right. But ebay zero feedback could have also stolen the scan from these boards.

I think that's what's happening here. Stolen....

Any bordie pick this up? I see it sold for $7K... I hope whomever bought it actually gets the book, instead of a refund...

I hope whoever bought it is wise enough to open the package in front of a postal inspector...and video tape the whole process.

I hope whoever bought it is wise enough to open the package in front of a postal inspector...and video tape the whole process.

well said! A little extra 'insurance ain't a bad idea!

Well, the seller does mention in his auction that local pickup is ok. I guess it's legit?

Well, the seller does mention in his auction that local pickup is ok. I guess it's legit?

Wow 7K for a Bat 1. Man I would have bought that in a hearbeat for 7K if it was 100% legit, as Im sure anyone would.

Just for the record, I did try calling the number the seller provided several times, and left a message - but, alas, no reply!

Well I sent him a couple message throughh ebay and he replied fast. He said he bought it raw and the previous owner had removed it from a 5.0 ot 6.0 slab. There was no paper work on it. So if it was legit and comes back in the same grade range the winner would have gotten a decennt deal not crazy good but good enough.

James G