• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keys, Peds, Nose-Bleed Grades, Sig Series...and possibly the kitchen sink!

81 posts in this topic

Fantastic Four #2

CGC Graded 8.5

Cream to Off-White pages

$7,750

***A word about this book. This is a recent submission and I have to say that CGC have hammered the book for the browning. I actually agree with them, but the book is otherwise around 9.0-9.2 and there are many examples of this sort of problem being somewhat downplayed in the past. I personally agree with CGC's stance on this book, but I know that if it had been submitted at any other time (or if it was from the Mound City collection), it would not be in an 8.5 holder.***

10008334.jpg

10008334B.jpg

Fantastic Four #10

CGC Graded 8.5

Off-White to White pages

$1,550

***A word about this book. This is a recent submission and I have to say that CGC have hammered the book for the browning. I actually agree with them, but the book is otherwise around 9.0-9.2 and there are many examples of this sort of problem being somewhat downplayed in the past. I personally agree with CGC's stance on this book, but I know that if it had been submitted at any other time (or if it was from the Mound City collection), it would not be in an 8.5 holder.***

10008335.jpg

10008335B.jpg

Half-peeled CL stickers. :cloud9:

As soon as I get a book from ComicLink with those horrible stickers, I use Goo-Gone to remove them. A little Goo Gone and a paper towel - 5 minutes later sticker gone and no residue.

I remove them using just the sticker itself.

Peel it off gently, rolling the adhesive side out, with clean hands.

Get the sticker off(leaving no paper behind(pick any tiny pieces off with a finger nail)), don't worry about any adhesive left behind. Use the sticky surface of the old sticker, to press down onto the adhesive left behind.

The adhesive will come off by sticking to the surface of the old sticker which you removed. I can get the sticker and the left behind adhesive off in about a minute.

Just keep touching the old sticker to the old glue, roll it off as you go, find an unused part and do some more. It's not hard, and no chemicals are needed. :makepoint:

Iron Man And Sub-Mariner #1

CGC Graded 9.8

White pages

$9,950

***Open to offers on this one. GPA shows a $4,650 sale in 2008, a $14,000 sale in 2011 and CLInk sold one for $4,100 this week. Which leads me to conclude...I haven't got a clue where it should be. doh! Talk to me if you're interested.***

10008311.jpg

10008311B.jpg

Fantastic Four #2

CGC Graded 8.5

Cream to Off-White pages

$7,750

10008334.jpg

10008334B.jpg

Very nice, that's a beautiful book. (worship)

I also agree with you Nick about the grading. CGC sometimes deducts for PQ more than other times, which is the only problem. I think the PQ should be a big part of the grading, and affect the value. I wish CGC would find a way to evenly judge that, thus the various grades for similar condition books(over the years with differing PQ).

I'd call it a 9.2 and make the PQ system show a scale more meaningful to value than what they use now.