AF 15 1.8 / 2.0.
1 1

23 posts in this topic

54,469 posts

Low grade pence copy of AF 15 FS - 1.8 / 2.0. PQ is C/OW. No restoration. Looking for $2250 shipped.

No probies, thanks. Payment by Paypal.

AmazingFantasy15G.jpg

AmazingFantasy15Gback.jpg

4,655 posts

Nice looking and affordable! GLWTS

54,469 posts

Gracias, senor!

54,469 posts

It's a pence copy - printed at the same time on the same press, with the price plates changed at the end of the run. The only other differences are the absence of a date on the cover below the issue number and the words "Distributed by Thorpe and Porter" at the bottom of the indicia. I don't think there are other variants as such.

809 posts

Ah UK variant goodness, home sweet home. Can't believe these variants don't carry a higher price tag as in terms of rarity there were a hell of a lot less printed and as already said came off the original print run with only the couple of changes for price etc. if anyone's wondering I think I'm right in saying the letter d dictates shilling. GLWTS

54,469 posts
Ah UK variant goodness, home sweet home. Can't believe these variants don't carry a higher price tag as in terms of rarity there were a hell of a lot less printed and as already said came off the original print run with only the couple of changes for price etc. if anyone's wondering I think I'm right in saying the letter d dictates shilling. GLWTS

D = denarii, or old pence. 12 old pence made a shilling back in 1962, so this book was less than a shilling on the newstand.

12,665 posts

+1

it's not like a reprint done later so i'm surprised theres such a price difference for the pence copies ???

2,670 posts

+1

it's not like a reprint done later so i'm surprised theres such a price difference for the pence copies ???

I've wondered the same thing, there shouldn't be that much of a price difference between the two versions. The pence copies should be worth slightly more than the US price version since they're less abundant.

Edited by Illustrious

60,145 posts

Man, I wished I had the money to buy this copy.

54,469 posts
Man, I wished I had the money to buy this copy.

But regrettably you tied up all your money in Strawberry Shortcakes. With any luck she'll be in the next Avengers movie...then prices will soar on that book.

54,469 posts

Anyway, book is sold via PM. Many thanks for the interest and posts.

60,145 posts

Whoa!!!!!

54,469 posts
:ohnoez:

60,145 posts

I bought these books instead today.

MarvelComicsSuperSpecial1.jpg

MarvelComicsSuperSpecial1b.jpg

MarvelComicsSuperSpecial5.jpg

TOD1.jpg

TOD10.jpg

2,109 posts

Kiss and Dracula could kick Spider-Man's azz!