• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane at his best at Heritage Auctions!

546 posts in this topic

Anyone see the killer Spidey Vs Venom page on Heritage? It's much better than the one I had. (ASM 317 Pg 20)

I'm willing to bet out of the 4 pieces, The ASM cover will out sell the other 3, because it's from the main title.

I honestly prefer Spider-Man 2, and I never really cared for ASM 325 (though I may be in the minority here). I just never thought much of a giant Red Skull, and Spidey really isn't doing anything of interest. That being said...I agree with you. I expect 325 to be top dog in this group.

I also think we will learn a lot about McFarlane's market. Spider-Man 8 will give us all a great indication of where the floor is, at least. ;-)

I always liked the Spider-Man stuff better, but most people will go with the ASM line. Besides, Spider-Man's face is a bit covered up with his hand. The Spider-Man #2 cover is much better. The Hulk poster is also amazing. I'd probably would take the spidey #2 cover out of the 4 though if I had the cash.

Steve

Can you provide some insight as to how Heritage decides on what order the items are auctioned off?

I'm under the impression that Heritage didn't want people holding off on bidding for other items so the Spidey 1 cover went in the middle rather than saving it for last.

Did preliminary reserve bids tip Heritage off that the bidding for the ASM 328 cover was going to be heavier than the Spidey 1 cover?

From the upcoming Fall auction, I do like the Lizard so Spidey #2 cover would be the pick for me.

Cheers!

N

I disagree Kevin. I think your old venom page is way better then this one =)))

I have had some insane offers of stupid money for my venom page over the years so it will be fun to see what happens. I for one really like the Hulk poster art. That to me is a very special piece being it was done during a great period for Todd and very large to boot. The 325 also looks very nice and I think that will go for the most.

I disagree Kevin. I think your old venom page is way better then this one =)))

I have had some insane offers of stupid money for my venom page over the years so it will be fun to see what happens. I for one really like the Hulk poster art. That to me is a very special piece being it was done during a great period for Todd and very large to boot. The 325 also looks very nice and I think that will go for the most.

What are some of the offers you've gotten on it?

I like the one on HA now cause there is more venom in it and has better shots of him.