• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigreed books

4 posts in this topic

Does CGC check if a book is part of a pedigree?

I just sent in a group of books, I think one of them may be a "Larson" copy. Just wondering if CGC considers books to have a pedigree status without the submitter requesting it.

Thanks

• Administrator

If a pedigree is readily apparent then it will be designated for the comic submitted, otherwise no pedigree designation will be added.

Gemma I have bought a few batches of raw pedigree BA books through Heritage [talking 30-50 books in each lot]. I'm thinking about having some of them sent for pressing and then encapsulation but what will you guys need to verify the pedigree status because Heritage typically only labels one mylar within a 20 book batch as coming from the specific auction lot? Just curious since I won't be submitting these to CGC directly. Thanks in advance.

• Administrator

You can include a copy of the receipt from Heritage stating that they are Pedigreed copies and we would contact them with any questions if necessary.