• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just read the "Born Again" TPB, what Marvel TPB is also a "Must Read"?

20 posts in this topic

Marvel Masterworks Iron Fist, collecting MARVEL Premiere 15 through 25 and Iron Fist 1 and 2

Some of the best storytelling of the Bronze Age.

Marvel Masterworks Iron Fist, collecting MARVEL Premiere 15 through 25 and Iron Fist 1 and 2

Some of the best storytelling of the Bronze Age.

+1

I don't know if it is trade or not, but the Masters of Evil Saga was really good too. A Warlock trade or Thanos Saga trade would be awesome.

Batman Year One was great. Swamp Thing from 20-60. Whoops, those are DC, but they rule.

Thor Visionaries : Walter Simonson Vol. 1

Good Call! I loved the first 12 issues of Alpha Flight, too.

Byrne fan myself, from back then too. :) = Alpha Flight Classic TPs

My favourite Iron Man story of the 80s...

Iron Man : Armor Wars TP

4017571_1.jpg

3750531_1.jpg

9951981_1.jpg

The Death of Captain Marvel is probably my pick for the most emotionally charged story I have ever read. I remember "tearing up" when I read that one.

Anything by Starlin is a great choice! (thumbs u

9951981_1.jpg

The Death of Captain Marvel is probably my pick for the most emotionally charged story I have ever read. I remember "tearing up" when I read that one.

Anything by Starlin is a great choice! (thumbs u

If we're allowing the 80s Marvel Graphic Novels in here, then the other classic inclusion has to be

'X-Men : God Loves, Man Kills'.

Thor Visionaries : Walter Simonson Vol. 1

Good Call! I loved the first 12 issues of Alpha Flight, too.

Byrne fan myself, from back then too. :) = Alpha Flight Classic TPs

Oh yeah! You don't hear much mention of it, but those early issues were very good.

Here are a couple older threads that are worth reading. They are pretty comprehensive and the critiques will help you decide which are your cup-of-tea:

Best Copper Age Storylines

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1951157&fpart=1

Underrated characters of the Copper Age

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2794889&fpart=1

Favorite Copper Arc

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2629617&fpart=1

Have Fun!

All great suggestions from the era I spent reading comics as a teenager.

Demon in a Bottle

Armour Wars

Punisher MS

Gang War in ASM

The whole Hobgoblin saga esp Spiderman v Wolverine

I also enjoyed New Mutants early issues as well as Alpha Flight - muties rocked in the 80'ss