• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE PARK AVENUE COLLECTION
4 4

2,901 posts in this topic

Just went back to the beginning of this thread and realized that I was unable to post a single image until page 12 dated January 20, 2013...

when I finally bought a scanner and had it up and running.  First posted image was TERRY-TOONS #38.

8398172655_af070094e6.jpg

I didn't clip many coupons from the books in my collection but one I did clip was inside the back cover

of DETECTIVE #135.  I sent for a copy of the DAISY HANDBOOK using the coupon, ten cents and

an unused 3 cent stamp.

IMG  DETECTIVE #135   (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  DETECTIVE #135 BC  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  DAISY HANDBOOK (200 dpi).jpg

It appears that most of the images I posted on this site from my flicker account have been removed.

I will have to re-scan images directly as needed.

Marty

4 hours ago, Marty Mann said:

Little did I know back in 1945 when I found this issue of DETECTIVE COMICS #104 that 74 years later

I would be buying issue number 1,000 at a store called BARNES & NOBLE.

IMG  DETECTIVE !04 (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  DETECTIVE #1000 FC (200 dpi).jpg

Marty -  

You and the Park Avenue Collection are a collecting treasure to the hobby and these boards !  I sincerely mean that 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Marty -  

You and the Park Avenue Collection are a collecting treasure to the hobby and these boards !  I sincerely mean that 👍🏻

Chicago Boy...

Thank you for your very kind words.

Marty

Edited by Marty Mann

On 3/7/2019 at 11:23 AM, Marty Mann said:

I didn't clip many coupons from the books in my collection but one I did clip was inside the back cover

of DETECTIVE #135.  I sent for a copy of the DAISY HANDBOOK using the coupon, ten cents and

an unused 3 cent stamp.

IMG  DETECTIVE #135   (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  DETECTIVE #135 BC  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  DAISY HANDBOOK (200 dpi).jpg

Couldn’t you have clipped an Archie or Coo Coo?

I can relate to every book in my collection but some have a special place...I was so pleased finding this one hanging by a clothespin

on a line in a store window. Up to that time I had never even thought about the people who created the characters in my comics.

259068-o003.jpg

Some of my favorite comics were those that reprinted the Daily and Sunday Comic Strips like ACE COMICS, KING COMICS,

TIP TOP COMICS, SPARKLER COMICS, POPULAR COMICS, SUPER COMICS and COMICS ON PARADE.  These books

gave you an opportunity to follow the past adventures of the characters in the daily newspapers...like PRINCE VALIANT,

THE PHANTOM, TARZAN and LI'L ABNER.

AL CAPP'S LI'L ABNER contained a comic strip-within-a-comic strip with the  parody of D.TRACY..."FEARLESS FOSDICK"

featuring some of the wildest villains in comics...like BOMB-FACE followed by STONE-FACE.

IMG  FEARLESS 1  (200 dpi).jpg

IMG  FEARLESS 2  (200 dpi).jpg

Edited by Marty Mann